2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cutler didn't have a good night but he's only responsible for 6 points. The defense gave up the rest. He didn't get any positive momentum going though. I think it's time to just lose, pay him his guaranteed money and cut him after the year. Then draft the QB everyone wants if they can trust the regime to do that. I would rather see them build up the defense though.

I've seen plenty of meat headed posts on Facebook about Cutler though.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)
Cutler didn't have a good night but he's only responsible for 6 points. The defense gave up the rest. He didn't get any positive momentum going though. I think it's time to just lose, pay him his guaranteed money and cut him after the year. Then draft the QB everyone wants if they can trust the regime to do that. I would rather see them build up the defense though.

I've seen plenty of meat headed posts on Facebook about Cutler though.

I used to think this but I'm done with it. Is he Jim Miller bad? No. But last year at end I looked and saw all these "bad qbs" with better numbers. That we hope to get 20tds and 10 INTs as a "good" year under him shows how much we are losing. Does he singlehandedly lose us games? No, but you need a QB that wins you them.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
I used to think this but I'm done with it. Is he Jim Miller bad? No. But last year at end I looked and saw all these "bad qbs" with better numbers. That we hope to get 20tds and 10 INTs as a "good" year under him shows how much we are losing. Does he singlehandedly lose us games? No, but you need a QB that wins you them.

That plan of action does sound good though...a rookie QB and depth. That and maybe a Jeffery departure to really rebuild may be what they need. Look at the roster turnover the Eagles had as an example.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 11:20 PM)
That plan of action does sound good though...a rookie QB and depth. That and maybe a Jeffery departure to really rebuild may be what they need. Look at the roster turnover the Eagles had as an example.

The Eagles really aren't very good though. They just traded 6 picks for their franchise QB which is the cost. If the Bears want a Franchise QB, mortgaging a bunch of picks is what they have to do.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 07:22 AM)
The Eagles really aren't very good though. They just traded 6 picks for their franchise QB which is the cost. If the Bears want a Franchise QB, mortgaging a bunch of picks is what they have to do.

Not if they're terrible?

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 07:29 AM)
Not if they're terrible?

Well yeah. If Cutler is out for an extended period, I don't see a win on the schedule in any of those games. If Cutler is somehow back though, they won't be bad enough to pick top 3 for one of the QB's. Would you definitely take Deshaun Watson over a sure thing defensive stud anyway though? I'm not sure I would. Kizer is going #1.

So apparently Cutler played through torn ligaments in his thumb that first happened in the Texans game. And ESPN dopes made the Philadelphia Eagles pre game show all about how Cutler wasn't tough. People are idiots. Cutler was 10/13 prior to reaggravating the thumb injury. That doesn't fit the narrative of everything always being his fault though.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
both Houston and Goldman looked to have similar injuries, their knees were on the ground and they were basically knocked flat on their backs pinning their leg underneath

Goldman is a high ankle sprain apparently. Houston looks to be done for season though.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 20, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 8m8 minutes ago

The #Bears are preparing for a lengthy absence for QB Jay Cutler, source said. Now it's a matter of how to fix (surgery or not) his thumb.

And the Bears are effectively in the #1 pick discussion.

I did the same thing with the bears that I did with the white sox. You only compare them against themselves and you say "oh we are better at ILB, we have more line depth", but it wasn't until the Chiefs preseason game where I realized that there are maybe zero teams in the league that would trade their roster for the bears.

This is going to be a rough season and you have to hope floyd, hall, one of our safeties, bullard flash, because otherwise it is going to be a really long time until we are back.

Also super bummed, I wonder what would be different if we had hired Jim Bob Cooter over Gase. I believe he was one of the people we had interviewed prior to going with Gase.

And speaking of, one of the great and sneaky things about the Gase offense was it prioritized TOP over explosiveness and executed it. Was very important to keeping so many games close last year, it kept defense off the field so our scoring defense was a lot lower than DVOA ranking.

Loggains clearly is not capable of that same offense, and instead we are relying on big plays to Jeffery and nothing else.