4/22 Game thread: Texas, 7:10pm, CSN

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be an interesting series. Rangers come in having scored the most runs in the AL while the Sox have given up the least runs. By contrast, Sox have scored the second least amount of runs while the Rangers have allowed the third most.

Runs per game leaders:

Orioles 5.00

Red Sox 4.93

Rangers 4.81

Three of the next four series are these teams, and the other one is the Blue Jays.

Either the Sox are going to show how great their pitching is, or they'll probably go 5-8 or 4-9 the next 13.

As a resident of the Dallas area, this is one of twelve or so games this year where my MLBTV package will do me absolutely no good. And I won't watch the local Rangers broadcast, because we totally cut the cable (which is a brilliant idea every other day of the year). Either my Rangers fan father-in-law would like to see his grandson tonight, or I'll end up watching Netflix and obsessively following Gameday on my phone...

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
I have a dentist appointment during this game. Can't decide if it'll be more or less painful than reading White Sox Twitter during a Danks start.

Update from yesterday: Dentist was less painful.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 09:16 AM)
Flavum what I needed from you was:

"If they win two of the three game series, lose one and split the four game series they'll be 7-6 over the 13 game span and 17-12 on May 6th. That's a pace for 95 wins."

15-12 every 27 games.

Benchmarks:

15-12

30-24

45-36

60-48

75-60

And then when they get to the final 27, whatever it takes.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 09:16 AM)
As a resident of the Dallas area, this is one of twelve or so games this year where my MLBTV package will do me absolutely no good. And I won't watch the local Rangers broadcast, because we totally cut the cable (which is a brilliant idea every other day of the year). Either my Rangers fan father-in-law would like to see his grandson tonight, or I'll end up watching Netflix and obsessively following Gameday on my phone...

Yikes...

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
This series screams sweep

Assuming you mean Texas sweeping us, in which case, yes

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
The only real decent team we have played so far was Cleveland, and they split with them before the rain out. On the bright side we are playing this in Chicago, and not in the bandbox in Arlington.

Oakland is 9-7

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 5m5 minutes ago Chicago, IL

But Quintana is 0-1, 5.82 ERA (11 ER/17 IP) in his last three starts against the Rangers dating back to 2013.

On the flip side he has a 1.84 ERA dating back to last September, his last 8 starts. Only Arrieta,Kershaw and Strasburg has been better in that time span.

The offense is taking a beating this year, and we're seen as totally pitching reliant. Not true. Defense has been at a top 5/top 6 MLB-wide level. When that was a huge concern we went off about it daily, but now that it has turned it around...it seems taken for granted.

Sox offense just needs to become league average and we'll be OK if the rest holds.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

https://www.unblock-us.com/

you are welcome.