5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
In Texas next Tuesday. The BP in Arlington is about six miles from my house.

Don't know if I wanna watch the ninth. Not worried long term, but the bats have not shown up today. Which is a bummer, because Clay Buchholz could reasonably lose his job to John Danks.

Awesome, have fun. Hopefully the bats are awake by then. :)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're calling Ortiz a cheat because of the 2009 PEDs thing, we should probably discuss Bill Clinton being a rapist, too.

Accused of the crime, but probably did not commit it.

Let's lay off the dude.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
In double the at bats I.e. he is not exclusively our LOOGY and it wasn't giving up putting him in. We've used him for full innings the last two weeks.

If he faced lefties in double the at bats...that would be just evidence he's indeed a loogy. Not sure where you're going with that. I get how we've used him as of late, and as I said Id rather see Jennings as the primary non loogy lefty. It's just playing with fire letting Duke face righties with his stuff these days.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
If we're calling Ortiz a cheat because of the 2009 PEDs thing, we should probably discuss Bill Clinton being a rapist, too.

Let's lay off the dude.

Great post, definitely the same. Glad you've learned your lessons and are back to being a productive poster.

Let's lay off the dude.

More than accused - he failed a drug test. Therefore, he probably did commit the crime.

Edited by Thad Bosley

Let's lay off the dude.

Wait, we are comparing cheating in baseball to raping women? Oh no.

Let's lay off the dude.

Didn't he admit to failing the drug test? And what an asinine comparison not gonna touch the rest of that post.

MLB identified numerous problems with those tests, including that legal supplements could cause positive results. I don't think the claims against Ortiz are at all credible, and I'm not alone.

The Clinton thing was an analogy to make my points about accusations. Not a comparison of the security of the two acts.

Rodon is now 1-4.

Combined with Danks, you would think we'd have one of the three worst records in the AL instead of the best.

Still not seeing enough confidence in the change-up, location's a bit off, fastball velocity a bit down and slider not quite as crisp.

Let's just hope it's the typical late April/early May "dead arm" period. He had a "quality start" against one of the best offenses in baseball, then the bullpen gave up two insurance runs. It's not like he didn't give the Sox a chance. That said, when you're picked in the Top 3, you're expected at some point to be an ace.

Right now, he's a 3 (and probably closer to a 4 than a 2, but definitely not looking like 2nd half 2015 Rodon yet.)

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
Ever since that horrible Angels start Rodon has been very inconsistent

He threw fine tonight. Some of you guys really need to relax. Boston is a good team and Ortiz hit a mistake. The bats are the problem right now, not the pitching.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
MLB identified numerous problems with those tests, including that legal supplements could cause positive results. I don't think the claims against Ortiz are at all credible, and I'm not alone.

The Clinton thing was an analogy to make my points about accusations. Not a comparison of the security of the two acts.

Lol - nice try. Ortiz' failed test was confirmed by the players' union. The guy is an unequivocally genuine, dyed-in-the-wool cheater.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
On the other hand, if anyone can drive caulfield a way, I'll send you a gift. I don't want to break any rules, but I don't have to be descriptive with caulfield. You all know how he is.

Tonights game sucked donkey balls but at least we are still 4 games up after.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 4, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
So is the plan for rollins to play 145 games? That's a bad plan.

Yes. Sanchez and Saladino should be getting a bulk of the starts. His range is so bad.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 4, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)

Let's lay off the dude.

According to the findings in a supposedly confidential report that the New York Times was able to get their hands on Ortiz failed his drug test in 2003 if I remember correctly. It was during the time when there was no punishment if anyone failed a drug test.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

Very disappointing night. To only get three hits off a struggling pitcher with an astronomical ERA (almost John Danks like)...very disappointing.

Rodon needs to get his act together, Sox can't afford to have two holes out of five in the starting rotation.

Was hoping for a win tonight to take the series...don't have a lot of faith with a fifth starter going Thursday that the Sox can win the game.

And Zach Duke appears to be regressing into the Zach Duke we saw for most of last year.

Mark