is it too late for me to join the "hey were in first place still&

harkness99

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:47 PM)
I'd like some of the more optimistic crowd of the board, (not the game thread folks) to tell me how they feel about Robin and if he's at fault here the last two days.

He's definitely not at fault today. He managed some things poorly yesterday but millionaire athletes need to do their jobs properly. Fire him. Don't fire him. People greatly overrate the impact of a manager.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
He's definitely not at fault today. He managed some things poorly yesterday but millionaire athletes need to do their jobs properly. Fire him. Don't fire him. People greatly overrate the impact of a manager.

Just hate that over last two games, only time Nate Jones was used was when trailing.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)

How could you "definitely" say he was not at fault?

Every move he made with the pitchers failed... you thought bringing in a guy with zero experience when the titanic was sinking was a good move?

"definitely"?

He was completely a part of the problem..

Even if Robin was not directly at fault for today, he needs to be fired yesterday. 5 years of complete failure can not be tolerated by the org. When things are going this poorly something has to give, and it needs to be the manager.

Waiting for Jim Margalus to lose it at SSS...SOMEONE has to go off, if it's not going to be KW anymore.

This has to be the most shocking White Sox loss, that and one they ALSO lost to KC in August or September 2005 when I went to bed (was working in Colombia as the time) and when I woke up, a similar lead had disappeared and the panic really started to set in about the Indians catching the Sox...2005 is about all we have left to hold onto.

Just plug that DVD back into the player to counteract this, I guess.

2007 is NOT a season you want to be compared to, lol...

And, to think, if only Ventura had managed the bullpen correctly Friday night, he wouldn't have felt the need to force him into a game in a dreaded non-closing situation just to get some work in because he would have recorded the save last night and the White Sox would now be up 2 1/2 games on CLE and 4 on the Royals.

It never fails...

Edited by caulfield12

Anyone know what our BABIP is over this recent bad stretch, compared to the 23-10 stretch?

It's really tempting to throw this entire organization under the bus for the last couple of meltdowns, but prior to this week most of our losing streak was just getting beaten in many close games in a row. I think we have had some offensive woes and some really protracted bullpen issues, but mostly this losing streak was just getting beat by competitive teams.

I thought the Yankees series was going to be tough, and Arlington is never a picnic. The Houston series was bad, but now we are just getting beaten by division foes of a similar caliber. It happens. It happens in ugly ways sometimes.

The AL is an extremely even league (except the twins) and I could see 12-13 teams winning 77 or more games. Like it or not, we are going to be within 4-5 games of this division. All year.

My advice: Chill out, relax and enjoy the fact that we still don't have to make up any ground to be in first.

Sure glad we are having this streak in May and not August. Let's make some much needed moves, reshuffle and get back to it.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 28, 2016 -> 10:47 PM)
I'd like some of the more optimistic crowd of the board, (not the game thread folks) to tell me how they feel about Robin and if he's at fault here the last two days.

When Ventura pitches and blows up then it's his fault. Putnam did good. Robertson was a good choice as he needed work. An argument cohldbe made if any time you use your closer in a non save game it might not turn out good. Kahble was not good. But he threw 99. He had been good before. It just seems when we go to the pen one brings the gasoline and the next brings a match

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 28, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
My advice: Chill out, relax and enjoy the fact that we still don't have to make up any ground to be in first.

Sure glad we are having this streak in May and not August. Let's make some much needed moves, reshuffle and get back to it.

Why would you be glad that we are slumping when we are facing all of the top divisional opponents? This stretch will probably end up costing us a chance at a playoff spot.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 29, 2016 -> 12:38 AM)
Why would you be glad that we are slumping when we are facing all of the top divisional opponents? This stretch will probably end up costing us a chance at a playoff spot.

Mr Hibbard is right. these guys can turn it around. My guess is they are all rallying and cheering to do better as we speak. There is lots if baseball left and we aren't in the Twins predicament

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 29, 2016 -> 12:27 AM)

You, sir, are a better fan than me. I could never chill out after what happened today. Choking it away against a bunch of AAA Royals players forced into the lineup.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 29, 2016 -> 12:36 AM)
Kahble was not good. But he threw 99. He had been good before.

He was making Avila dive all over the place on intentional walks! He choked more than I've seen a pitcher choke in a long time.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 29, 2016 -> 12:45 AM)
Mr Hibbard is right. these guys can turn it around. My guess is they are all rallying and cheering to do better as we speak. There is lots if baseball left and we aren't in the Twins predicament

You are the best fan of all time. This team blows and I'm sure these millionaire ballplayers know it as they wait for payday. I've never seen a team choke like it did today. I'm surprised nobody started crying out there they were choking so badly. Robertson? He should be embarrassed. It's almost mathematically impossible to do what he did today. Considering the amount of money he makes to pitch like that?? My gawd. He should be embarrassed. Hope he is.

Edited by greg775

Okay. Im one of the positive everything going to be fine people, but now my tune is changing a bit.

This season isnt quite lost yet and i do believe the sox have another hot stretch in them.

My only problem is that you just cant allow KC to own you like this. Cleveland as well, to a lesser extent. KC is the sox daddy right now and if the sox want to win this division, they have to reverse that this year.

Its not going to be easy. Kcs confidence against the sox must be sky high now. Sucks to be a sox fan in a situation like this. Embarrassing bury your head in the sand kind of stuff.

Theres no way the front office mails in this season so dont expect the sox to sell any assets. Sad, i know, but soon enough the sox will turn it around and give hahn more reason to keep going for it.

All in all, i believe this team needs something really good to happen to it especially against KC. A miracle perhaps. Are the sox due for one? Lets hope so.