Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 06:38 PM)
It may or may not be one of those nights. I do know that the Sox like to make some late night splashes at times... these GMs like to take advantage of every second of time they have at the Winter Meetings.

Regardless, my 6 pack is ready to be consumed.

The decanters are just becoming uncorked in the DC area!

Strap yourself in for a long evening, folks! This is when s*** gets done at the Winter Meetings.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)
It may or may not be one of those nights. I do know that the Sox like to make some late night splashes at times... these GMs like to take advantage of every second of time they have at the Winter Meetings.

Regardless, my 6 pack is ready to be consumed.

I need to go out and buy some more

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)
This is a leverage play.

Also, without seeing entire offer, hard to say this would be settling. The headliners are strong and plausible with a system capable of a full trade with good depth, its why the Nats are a very good team to be working right now to both finalize a deal and spark a bidding war.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
Also, without seeing entire offer, hard to say this would be settling. The headliners are strong and plausible with a system capable of a full trade with good depth, its why the Nats are a very good team to be working right now to both finalize a deal and spark a bidding war.

But if we want Turner, we should be able to get him. Sale's value is too high for us to not be able to get our top target.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 2m2 minutes ago Arlington, VA

If White Sox do trade Sale to Nats, not as slam dunk as you might think whether the ask should be Giolito over Reynaldo Lopez.

Asking for both would seem to solve that problem....the 3rd piece after Giolito and Robles has to be 1 of Lopez/Ross/Fedde or the deal isn't good enough in my eyes.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
Talks of a deal nearing a conclusion puts pressure on other teams like Houston or Boston to start ponying up and quit with the "untouchables" crap. Or go home without Sale.

Speaking of "untouchables" I would be more comfortable with this deal if Turner was in it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
How are we settling when we're getting two prospects that were ranked just as high as guys like Bregman & Benintendi just a few months ago. People are seriously sleeping on Giolito & Robles.

Were? So what happened, legit question I dont follow minor leagues that much.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
Asking for both would seem to solve that problem....the 3rd piece after Giolito and Robles has to be 1 of Lopez/Ross/Fedde or the deal isn't good enough in my eyes.

Agreed. Then you also need 1 - 3 more depth prospects beyond that

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
Speaking of "untouchables" I would be more comfortable with this deal if Turner was in it.

I agree and disagree. I'm not going to be heartbroken if we acquire players with no ML service time, who are the next prospects to be "untouchable". It also gives the Sox more time to add to their farm/core in the next 2 years or so instead of having to use service time of Trea Turner for a team that won't do squat for a couple of years.

But if we want Turner, we should be able to get him. Sale's value is too high for us to not be able to get our top target.

NOT getting Turner, end of story. That guy played way too good for him to go anywhere unless you want to due Turner + meh for Sale. The W'sox don't want that, the Nat's dont want this.

Go for the other 3, now if they don't allow Lopez in the deal after the top 2, THAT's a problem. Get the top 3 and some other pieces and should be a fair good deal for both. Forget this Turner nonsense.