Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
Somebody may have already posted this but Phil Rodgers went on MLBN earlier today and said that:

1) The Cardinals have been in contact about Q

2) The Cubs are a dark horse to watch

3) The Sox are supposedly largely looking for bats in a Q trade

Am I wrong for strongly prefering the Pirates prospects?

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
Somebody may have already posted this but Phil Rodgers went on MLBN earlier today and said that:

1) The Cardinals have been in contact about Q

2) The Cubs are a dark horse to watch

3) The Sox are supposedly largely looking for bats in a Q trade

Did he say that they have actually had contact or just his own speculation because they have the pieces it would take?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
Did he say that they have actually had contact or just his own speculation because they have the pieces it would take?

My assumption is this is tailored to being about the Cubs/Cardinals because the only thing Phil Rogers ever talks about is Cubs/Cardinals and Arnie Munoz curveball.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)

Happ and Eloy would definitely be what the White Sox are looking for in a deal. I'd welcome the Cubs to the trade mix.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)

I feel the same way.

I'd still rank them:

1. Pirates (Meadows/Glasnow)

2. Rockies (Dahl/Rodgers)

3. Yankees (Torres/Frazier)

... then the rest with a significant drop off.

The Rockies' interest is purely theoretical, so unless the Dodgers get involved, I am hoping it's Meadows or Frazier patrolling the OF for the White Sox next year.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
I think the Cubs part is his own speculation since they have the pieces.

Pretty much everything Rogers says is speculation based on what he sees in the newspaper compared against rosters

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)

I don't like the Cardinals at all as a fit here. I prefer Meadows to anyone the Cubs have but the Cubs could actually put together a very good package for Q but I would need both Happ and Jimenez in that deal as a starting point.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
I don't like the Cardinals at all as a fit here. I prefer Meadows to anyone the Cubs have but the Cubs could actually put together a very good package for Q but I would need both Happ and Jimenez in that deal as a starting point.

I don't either but they serve as a useful team a la the Braves in Sale trade.

QUOTE (GermanSoxFan @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I'd prefer Schwarber. Jimenez and Candelario. Schwarber's value is limited in the NL. And they can't even move him to first either. He would be a logical trade piece.

I proposed a Happ, Jimenez and Candelario deal for Quintana as a possibility

I doubt either side accepts that, but as a purely baseball trade it would be a good deal for each side

QUOTE (GermanSoxFan @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I'd prefer Schwarber. Jimenez and Candelario. Schwarber's value is limited in the NL. And they can't even move him to first either. He would be a logical trade piece.

That's exactly what I had in mind. The cubs FO knows that I'd they were to make a serious play for Q that it would cost them and they know the Sox are in the driver's seat.

So Theo, how desperate are you?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
That's exactly what I had in mind. The cubs FO knows that I'd they were to make a serious play for Q that it would cost them and they know the Sox are in the driver's seat.

I'm gonna guess not that desperate.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
I'm gonna guess not that desperate.

If they were coming off a World Series loss: desperate. I have to agree with bmags.

He's a nice piece for them because he does help bridge their pitching staff which is about to get a lot more expensive, but I doubt they would get rid of a major contributor to their offense in Schwarber and then some. Especially with Int'l FA and the Draft about to get a lot harder for them, they may be very cautious what trade chips they go after.