• 60-63
    • 64-67
    • 68-71
    • 72-75
    • 76-80
    • 81-85
    • 86-90
    • 91+

I'm going 71-72. Team won't be as bad as people think because that's just what the White Sox do. :lol:

I expect a few of the kids to add to the win total when they're called up. (And that includes whatever spects we get after Q is traded)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 08:55 AM)
I don't disagree with you on the rareness of teams losing 100 games, but it does happen. My point is it will happen this year to this team if they don't improve on the brand of baseball they featured the last half of May last year, all of June, all of July, all of August, and all of September. And that improvement must come without the services of Sale and Eaton. It's going to be a challenge!

Agreed, especially if they trade Quintana, Frazier and Robertson. They lost 84 last year. If you go by WAR Sale and Eaton were worth 9 wins which puts them at 75 wins. Hopefully, they bring up a few prospects and they perform well.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 09:09 AM)
I'll say 69-93, though it certainly could be worse. Fangraphs depth charts (an incredibly shallow and basic method of prediction) has us last in the majors in WAR, even before veterans are traded.

It's painful on the surface, but that's really good news

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 12:46 PM)
69-93.

Sale and Eaton are gone.

Avi will be playing in the field.

Impending trades.

I think the Padres have the #1 pick wrapped up but the Sox should get a top 6 pick.

My heart tells me that's an acceptable finish, but my brain knows it could be worse.

Just so glad this team is doing the right thing.

I picked 55 to 59 wins. The offense projects to be so bad I'd suggest our road record will be horrific. The starting pitching is not good so we'll lose our share of games very early. And our bullpen reeks so we'll blow 1/3 to 2/3 of the games we lead late. I think it's gonna be one of the worst teams the Sox have ever had. We'll know very early there is no hope of .500.

Those of you who want to lose every game should demand we trade Abreu soon. He might win a few games by himself. He's our one good hitter. Trade him and that will take care of any aspect of the team being good.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 03:05 PM)
I picked 55 to 59 wins. The offense projects to be so bad I'd suggest our road record will be horrific. The starting pitching is not good so we'll lose our share of games very early. And our bullpen reeks so we'll blow 1/3 to 2/3 of the games we lead late. I think it's gonna be one of the worst teams the Sox have ever had. We'll know very early there is no hope of .500.

If we lost that many games, our system had better be loaded. And regarding Abreu, if he wins "a couple of games", i'm fine with it. Moncada coming up in May will likely benefit from having Jose around.

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 09:05 PM)

Those of you who want to lose every game should demand we trade Abreu soon. He might win a few games by himself. He's our one good hitter. Trade him and that will take care of any aspect of the team being good.

Better than winning 75 games

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 09:07 PM)
If we lost that many games, our system had better be loaded. And regarding Abreu, if he wins "a couple of games", i'm fine with it. Moncada coming up in May will likely benefit from having Jose around.

Moncada won't be up this season. That would be ridiculous if you are trying to lose 110 games. If he's ready for the bigs, then there's no reason we should be doing a rebuild, we should be tinkering and try to win if he's gonna be on the big league team from May on.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
Moncada won't be up this season. That would be ridiculous if you are trying to lose 110 games. If he's ready for the bigs, then there's no reason we should be doing a rebuild, we should be tinkering and try to win if he's gonna be on the big league team from May on.

You are going to hate the next two seasons

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
You are going to hate the next two seasons

I am interested in seeing how I react. I've paid close attention to every season for a long time. But losing game after game is probably going to be the end of my fandom unless I somehow consider all the losing comical.

Since I'm not a draft guy, I don't trust our front office to draft the right guys so I don't care about the draft at all. I do have mlb.com again cause I forgot to cancel the automatic recharging. I do know I hate losing and I am expecting 110 or more losses.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 03:13 PM)

If he's a major league player, there's no reason to leave him in the minors after May.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
I am interested in seeing how I react. I've paid close attention to every season for a long time. But losing game after game is probably going to be the end of my fandom unless I somehow consider all the losing comical.

Since I'm not a draft guy, I don't trust our front office to draft the right guys so I don't care about the draft at all. I do have mlb.com again cause I forgot to cancel the automatic recharging. I do know I hate losing and I am expecting 110 or more losses.

I'm going to call you out for being happy in 3 years though. Your stance is absurd. If 2 years of losing and player procurement leads to a successful run from 2020-2026, how is that not worth it? You need to take a step back. Don't worry about the day to day. Track prospects. Pay attention to other aspects of the org. But yeah, if you just want to watch each game as a separate entity with no eye toward the future, you probably shouldn't follow the team this year.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 09:50 PM)
I'm going to call you out for being happy in 3 years though. Your stance is absurd. If 2 years of losing and player procurement leads to a successful run from 2020-2026, how is that not worth it? You need to take a step back. Don't worry about the day to day. Track prospects. Pay attention to other aspects of the org. But yeah, if you just want to watch each game as a separate entity with no eye toward the future, you probably shouldn't follow the team this year.

You can't call me out IF I stay a fan during the horrific rebuild. Now if I do leave and come back, then I deserve to be called out. My fear is prolonged 20 years of last place starting now. There are no guarantees in this "rebuild."

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)
Don't think he's going to be a top 3 pick though. Same with Baker.

Did you read the OPS and OBP numbers?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
You can't call me out IF I stay a fan during the horrific rebuild. Now if I do leave and come back, then I deserve to be called out. My fear is prolonged 20 years of last place starting now. There are no guarantees in this "rebuild."

This organization is unlikely to have 20 years of losing seasons. Ownership won't be in control that long. Odds are there will be plenty of success.

I won't call you out if you leave during a rebuild. Just promise you won't come back.

Edited by Sox-35th

Matt LaPorta put up a 1.400 OPS his last year at Florida. Pedro Alvarez put up OPS's over 1.000 every year. There are examples all over the place.

If he's that age and doesn't display athleticism, there is deserved skepticism regarding Beer being a top pick.