League Wide Speculation

hi8is

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:43 PM)
Even better. Takes away an option for the Tigers to move Verlander.

Exactly. I'm really hoping the tigers end up stuck with that contract. I forget who the board member is but someone posted this morning about how the tigers next rebuild will be with a bunch of other teams and how the timing of the Sox rebuild was perfect since there's few teams in the AL currently rebuilding. Excellent points made by that Soxtalk member.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
Exactly. I'm really hoping the tigers end up stuck with that contract. I forget who the board member is but someone posted this morning about how the tigers next rebuild will be with a bunch of other teams and how the timing of the Sox rebuild was perfect since there's few teams in the AL currently rebuilding. Excellent points made by that Soxtalk member.

Plus the Tigers have a big problem in that all of their best players have gigantic contracts or aren't cost controlled.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
Watch...Darvish to Milwaukee...LOL

Unless they get him fairly cheap, I don't see it. The Brewers aren't far enough along to buy big on a half-season investment. Sonny Gray still makes some sense for them, but Darvish is gone after this year and if the Brewers come down to earth a bit and the Cubs start playing well, they're hoping and praying for a shot at a play-in game. That's not worth losing a prospect.

The Royals would make sense for Darvish though. They are probably going to have one last hurrah before they are forced to rebuild, regardless of their willingness.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:57 PM)
Unless they get him fairly cheap, I don't see it. The Brewers aren't far enough along to buy big on a half-season investment. Sonny Gray still makes some sense for them, but Darvish is gone after this year and if the Brewers come down to earth a bit and the Cubs start playing well, they're hoping and praying for a shot at a play-in game. That's not worth losing a prospect.

The Royals would make sense for Darvish though. They are probably going to have one last hurrah before they are forced to rebuild, regardless of their willingness.

Who can the Royals trade for Darvish though? He'll command a pretty good return and the Royals don't really have anybody to trade. The Rangers could do better.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
Who can the Royals trade for Darvish though? He'll command a pretty good return and the Royals don't really have anybody to trade. The Rangers could do better.

Yeah, you're right, I was just spitballing a team that could have interest in Darvish.

The Royals seem like a good spot for Derek Holland though

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 02:57 PM)

Yeah but they do have a history of adding the big arm via trade when they are in the hunt--Sabathia and Grienke come to mind. I don't think they're gun shy when it comes to using their prospects. Would be strange to see Brinson heading BACK to TEX though...

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Big Panda DFA'd today. Boston looking like a strong Frazier destination possibility.

A part of me wonders if the White Sox were willing to pick up a chunk of his money, what kind of player Boston would be willing to send us to do it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:43 AM)
A part of me wonders if the White Sox were willing to pick up a chunk of his money, what kind of player Boston would be willing to send us to do it.

The Sox should be willing to eat nearly all of Frazier's bill to improve the return.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:49 AM)
The Sox should be willing to eat nearly all of Frazier's bill to improve the return.

I'm like 80% sure he was talking about Sandoval. If he was, our payroll is going to be so low next 2 years, I would strongly consider it if the Red Sox would send a few prospects to make it worth our while.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:51 AM)
I'm like 80% sure he was talking about Sandoval. If he was, our payroll is going to be so low next 2 years, I would strongly consider it if the Red Sox would send a few prospects to make it worth our while.

Yes, Sandoval.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 10:51 AM)

Yah, could be. Dangerous game to play there. But I suppose a Panda + Groome + 20M for Frazier may be of interest to the Sox, but doubt the Red Sox are interested in giving up Groome to save $30M over the next 2.5 years.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Yah, could be. Dangerous game to play there. But I suppose a Panda + Groome + 20M for Frazier may be of interest to the Sox, but doubt the Red Sox are interested in giving up Groome to save $30M over the next 2.5 years.

Interesting, but I doubt they give up their top pitching prospect for what amounts to salary relief.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 14, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
I could see them going after Gray now.

After what Q got traded for, I'd expect the pricetag for Gray to be high as well.

Yankees will likely consider calling up Adams to fill in