Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:09 AM)
Frankie Montas was a throw in the Peavy deal and he at least turned into a top prospect we could trade.

Just woke up and stunned

I'm old enough to remember when Frankie Montas was one of the most interesting WS prospects to follow...

For a good laugh you guys should check out the Astros subreddit

"Good, I was really worried that we would overpay for mediocrity." 16 points an hour ago

"Smells like a Drayton move. This’ll bite CHI in the ass down the road, not to mention Quintana isn’t enough to boost the Cubs’ 2017 postseason aspirations." 6 points an hour ago

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
For a good laugh you guys should check out the Astros subreddit

"Good, I was really worried that we would overpay for mediocrity." 16 points an hour ago

"Smells like a Drayton move. This’ll bite CHI in the ass down the road, not to mention Quintana isn’t enough to boost the Cubs’ 2017 postseason aspirations." 6 points an hour ago

I will be rooting so hard against Houston this post season.

Wow... what a great return. Eloy Jimenez can MASH. Cease is an interesting arm... has a nasty curve and can be a top of the rotation dude. I don't know much about Rose and Flete. The Astros and Yankees really dropped the ball here.

Keep that phone active, Rick. DRob and Kahnle are in high demand.

Future is bright, everyone here knows that not all prospects are going to pan out, but boy is our future rotation scary and an outfield of Robert and Jimenez is something to dream on.

I expect 4-7 more trades before the deadline and I think we wind up with 2 more top 100 prospects when its all said and done. Additionally I think Fulmer falls off the top 100 but Hansen takes his place.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
Sox were the only team out there actively selling off premium pieces when many teams should have been more proactive. Hahn waited, and ended up getting a major return.

Sale/Eaton/Quintana netted the Sox:

Moncada

Kopech

Basabe

Diaz

Giolito

Lopez

Dunning

Jimenez

Cease

Rose

Flete

Combine that with signing Luis Robert, and drafting Burger/Sheets

WOW

THIS has me all kinds of excited. :cheers

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:25 PM)
so in addition to having a stacked farm system - also keep on mind how absolutely little money we have tied up beyond in 2018 and beyond

Also... Seth Beer is still a possibility! Cheers White Sox fans! This is a great day! :cheers

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
so in addition to having a stacked farm system - also keep on mind how absolutely little money we have tied up beyond in 2018 and beyond

if Hahn can move Robertson, Frazier, Melky and Abreu, the 2019 payroll is going to be peanuts at which time Hahn can go out and make a big splash in free agency.

he has positioned this team nicely thus far. i'm excited about the future that's for sure.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:25 PM)

Great point. Can be used to fill those positions that aren't taken by members of the core or if someone's development takes longer than anticipated. More importantly it could be used at one of the big name FA coming up and will help fill out a bullpen.

Realistically do we get anymore top-100 prospects from the players we still have to trade?