Jump to content
southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Valentine has a team option, it could be declined if needed. In my dream scenario, you trade Dunn along with Blakeney and Felicio and not take money back (I know, unlikely), then trade Hutch for future pick. This gets you up to $32.5M.

However I think Asik's salary is dead weight at this point, not sure if it's movable.

Honestly, I am fine with Morant as my pick at 3rd, but still go for broke by signing Klay to just below max, then sign Collison to MLE. I wouldn't move Hutch in this scenario.

Collison / Morant

Lavine / Hutch

Klay / Porter

Lauri / Porter

WCJ 

This works for me as well.  I don't think Klay is leaving Golden State (and if he does I would expect it is for the Lakers) but you never know.  I just don't know why the Bulls wouldn't at least try to set-up some meetings with a few of the top tier free agents and go for the wing and the prayer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been saying for years that Lillard is the 2nd best point guard in the NBA (Curry). Does anyone disagree? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I've been saying for years that Lillard is the 2nd best point guard in the NBA (Curry). Does anyone disagree? 

Do you not count Harden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.theringer.com/2019/4/25/18515037/los-angeles-clippers-kevin-durant-kawhi-leonard-doc-rivers

In the world where the bulls actually held their FO accountable, I would be throwing gobs of money at the clippers front office to come here.

I thought they wasted last draft in not trading into the top ten, but they've built the perfect level-up team. Loads of assets, loads of cap space, located in Los Angeles.

And man, Doc Rivers went from a guy that seemed like a old school washed up coach to this. What a freakin year for him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 10:11 AM, bmags said:

https://www.theringer.com/2019/4/25/18515037/los-angeles-clippers-kevin-durant-kawhi-leonard-doc-rivers

In the world where the bulls actually held their FO accountable, I would be throwing gobs of money at the clippers front office to come here.

I thought they wasted last draft in not trading into the top ten, but they've built the perfect level-up team. Loads of assets, loads of cap space, located in Los Angeles.

And man, Doc Rivers went from a guy that seemed like a old school washed up coach to this. What a freakin year for him. 

Those next steps are the hardest to take though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game 1 ref work Rockets/Warriors has been despicably bad. There shouda been like 5 fouls called on the Warriors while Houston was taking 3s, the announcers have caught it over and over and over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This game 1 ref work Rockets/Warriors has been despicably bad. There shouda been like 5 fouls called on the Warriors while Houston was taking 3s, the announcers have caught it over and over and over. 

I could imagine that 5 years from now it coming out that the refs had money on this game and whispered casually to the Warriors in advance that there was a key foul the refs would not call, that the refs would not be calling fouls on the Warriors if they made body contact with a 3 point shooter while the ball was in the air. Not only were the refs not calling that, but the Warriors knew it somehow and were doing it right from the start of the first quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the perfect hire. Not only is he a GarPax yes man, but he's also terrible, so when the inevitable happens and they lose 50-60 games again for the next two years he's the scapegoat.

Saw this on Twitter about the Bulls under him:

Quote

They were 28th in offensive rating (104.0), 27th in defensive rating (111.9), 27th in net rating (-7.9) and last in 3-point attempts (24.5 per game). They were 3rd in points in the paint (53.0).

The last two stats are particularly noteworthy. The FO is so clever they're playing the long game. Getting ready to pounce in 10 years when the league moves the 3 pt line back and/or allows hand checking again. Post play will be back. Brilliant!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone remembers how in the first few pages of this thread people were saying the 2018-2019 Bulls had a ton of talent and were a playoff threat, right?

On 5/3/2019 at 3:24 PM, Jenksismyhero said:

It's the perfect hire. Not only is he a GarPax yes man, but he's also terrible, so when the inevitable happens and they lose 50-60 games again for the next two years he's the scapegoat.

Saw this on Twitter about the Bulls under him:

The last two stats are particularly noteworthy. The FO is so clever they're playing the long game. Getting ready to pounce in 10 years when the league moves the 3 pt line back and/or allows hand checking again. Post play will be back. Brilliant!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance Malcom Brogdon hits the market and do the Bulls have the cap to bring him in? 

I know the Bulls don't have max money, but Brogdon shouldn't require that, right?

I'd give him everything I could if I was the Bulls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 2nd_city_saint787 said:

Any chance Malcom Brogdon hits the market and do the Bulls have the cap to bring him in? 

I know the Bulls don't have max money, but Brogdon shouldn't require that, right?

I'd give him everything I could if I was the Bulls.

If the Bulls don't get Morant, I'd use the cap space on Brogdon, and then you can take a risk on someone like Garland in the draft.

Granted - you're gonna have to use up the entire cap on Brogdon, so its a big gamble / I'm not sure how the bird rights for Lauri would be affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Horace Grant repping the bulls at draft lottery

I'd take them seriously if they were represented by Steve Schanwald instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 4:47 PM, Balta1701 said:

Everyone remembers how in the first few pages of this thread people were saying the 2018-2019 Bulls had a ton of talent and were a playoff threat, right?

 

Whoah, I never woulda thought that homer fans would have unrealistic expectations of their team

  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 12:21 AM, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Whoah, I never woulda thought that homer fans would have unrealistic expectations of their team

And when healthy last year (which admittedly was very rare), the Bulls were better than the 7 and 8 seeds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 12:21 AM, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Whoah, I never woulda thought that homer fans would have unrealistic expectations of their team

Not balta, his assessments are always correct and he will let you know how wrong you are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×