White Sox vs. Yankees Game Thread 8.7.18

Greg Hibbard

2 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Is Jose honestly a player you trust in a crucial situation? All biases aside, the dude just has never been great with the pressure on. I don't want an aging abreu playing for us during the playoffs. 

The Sox got a lot of those type of players.

13 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Is Jose honestly a player you trust in a crucial situation? All biases aside, the dude just has never been great with the pressure on. I don't want an aging abreu playing for us during the playoffs. 

*Says all biases aside*

*Makes a biased argument*

Just now, fathom said:

Yoan has to swing at the 2-1 fastball instead of taking the strike and seeing a curveball that he has struggled to hit all season.  At this point, he seems to be a pure guess hitter.

While I agree with the sentiment, he checked his swing on the 2-1 fastball because it was a ball, and it was called a strike 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yoan has to swing at the 2-1 fastball instead of taking the strike and seeing a curveball that he has struggled to hit all season.  At this point, he seems to be a pure guess hitter.

No left handed hitter could have done anything on that pitch. It was either perfect or a ball that was called a strike. It would have been incredibly tough to even foul off.

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, flavum said:

The way starting pitchers are used, and bullpens too, fuck it. Call it a tie and go home. Staffs get ruined for a week by one 17-inning game.

Yeah, you make total sense.  Just the purest in me resisting!   : )