Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

One thing that wouldn't make me mad is if Manny gets a bunch of money as well as an early opt-out from someone else, especially if it's after year 2. I don't want the White Sox to sign him to a deal where they have no option to keep him without bidding against the rest of the league in the event that he continues improving/stays at a very high level over the next couple years.

Just now, Mr. Showtime said:

You still believe they get one of these guys or has something changed for you? Seems like you've held onto the theory that they'd have to mess it up for things not to break right for them.

I’m with the rest of you...if they don’t come away with one, I’ll be just as furious. 

I’d also be very, very shocked.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Said it before, but the bigger concern is the Padres not going after Moustakas.  Between that and Yoan taking grounders at 3rd, the writing might be on the wall.

I like the chances vs SD a lot better than Philadelphia.

IMO, this is working out from a White Sox perspective about as well as possible.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Padres have been overly aggressive though in the past with acquisitions.  I truly believe they’re a serious contender for Manny right now.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I think they’re seriously pursuing Machado, but I’m skeptical they’re willing to go to say $300M for him.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Said it before, but the bigger concern is the Padres not going after Moustakas.  Between that and Yoan taking grounders at 3rd, the writing might be on the wall.

Seems plausible that the Sox could sign Manny to play SS, move Tim to 2B, and Yoan to 3B. I continue to think it's stupid to move Yoan in general, but that configuration would probably be the best use of our talent if we start with the stipulation that Manny plays SS.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I really don’t think Moncada taking grounders at 3B means anything.  If they sign Harper, then Yoan likely ends up at 3B.  Until there is resolution with the whales, might as well get him some practice at both positions.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t think Moncada taking grounders at 3B means anything.  If they sign Harper, then Yoan likely ends up at 3B.  Until there is resolution with the whales, might as well get him some practice at both positions.

I don't follow.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hector still insisting it will be the Sox

I looked at his feed and he made a comment about the Sox signing him to a long term deal if Bryce goes to Philly, but he also retweeted the Heyman comment about going to the West coast might be OK by him now.

Just now, Tony said:

I assume he means long term, seeing as the Sox would still have a huge hole at 3B and Madigral should be up semi-soon.

Clearly not everyone agrees with me, but I think it's silly to do anything on the MLB roster to accommodate a guy who thus far has done nothing but hit okay in A-ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, elwood5892 said:

All these tweets front heyman scream they we’re in the endgame now. His gets wrapped up one way or another between tonight and a couple days I would think. 

Yeah, especially the Yankees one. These are last minute desperation shots to me. 

• Like 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres