yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

4 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Maybe harper and Machado just dont want to sign here. 

Manny wanted to Sign here back in December after the meeting, according to Chilli's sources.

Edited by justBLAZE

17 minutes ago, skooch said:

It's like when you're a non-blue-blood basketball program and you're recruiting a player rated in the 30-75 range and you hear how much they love your program how they're your school's #1 priority and yet the commit just never seems to come. After a while it's apparent that you're just their fallback plan and they're just biding their time hoping for one of the elite schools to come calling. In this case the Sox have relegated themselves to this status and now have to live with it. But, it sure does suck ...

I really would like to know what numbers the Sox have offered? I thought I heard speculation of 8 for $280M. 8 for $280M is $35M per year. Do we really believe that couldn't get a deal done or do they need to go $300M?

8 minutes ago, centerfieldsixers said:

Maybe harper and Machado just dont want to sign here. 

Well, then pay them enough to make them change their minds. 

And wasn’t this the entire reason we brought aboard Jay and Alonso? 

No one knows the outcome for sure, but unless there’s a dramatic twist in these negotiations, their ultimate destinations are becoming clearer.

Harper will be in Philadelphia and Machado will be playing for the White Sox.

• Like 1

Might be time to change the dynamic and play offense. If we believe the Yankees are out and the 'mystery team' is a negotiating tactic, it would appear to boil down to Philly or Sox. What if we put forth our final, final offer (okay to publish it) and a 48 hour deadline to accept or decline. Make MM and his agent confront the possibility that the market could shrink to a universe of one (Philly) and even they might be 'iffy' dependent on Harper situation. Its starting to feel like we are being played and its not obvious they have negotiating leverage. Lets stop being patsies. 

At the bottom of Nightengale article, he basically says Sox are expected to sign Machado. On phone, otherwise, would have copied and pasted his language. 

Edited by maggsmaggs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

No one knows the outcome for sure, but unless there’s a dramatic twist in these negotiations, their ultimate destinations are becoming clearer.

Harper will be in Philadelphia and Machado will be playing for the White Sox.

Keep going, I'm almost there

• Like 1

So if we magically set up and announce we are meeting Bryce next Saturday would the narrative change to us being the favorites because we would be the most recent team to be with him? Would we be the flavor of the week? Not that I dont agree that they are the favorites to sign him, just the reasoning of "they met for 5 hours!" just is funny to me.

Edited by Ross Gload Fan
  • Like 2

The Harper news with Phillyis fantastic news in relation to Manny. Bring this home 

So Bob is saying Harper will sign with Philadelphia and Machado will sign with us? That means Harper will sign with us and Machado will sign with Philadelphia.

• Like 2

"No one knows the outcome for sure, but unless there’s a dramatic twist in these negotiations, their ultimate destinations are becoming clearer. Harper will be in Philadelphia and Machado will be playing for the White Sox."

Gonna lol if they have to put Bryce in center.

Anyhoo good news.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

"No one knows the outcome for sure, but unless there’s a dramatic twist in these negotiations, their ultimate destinations are becoming clearer. Harper will be in Philadelphia and Machado will be playing for the White Sox."

The big question is so who signs first and when?

I do have a question though, say something unexpected happens and Harper signs first.

Mannys market at that point is the white Sox. I wonder what he gets and if Phillies really still put any heat there.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

That seems like quite a confident statement from Bob. I wonder if this is to try to put an end to the stalemate that seems to be going on between the Sox and Machado.

Very good news if Harper signs with Philly, but I'm always weary of a mystery team swooping in, until Machado actually signs the contract.