yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

5 hours ago, xSouthsider2 said:

Well said. I remember the previous strikes. My son was devastated. Kids just want to watch baseball. This greed of these two players is holding up the signing of a lot of lesser players. What will happen? No one will blame the whales. The union will want to strike to make up for the slow free agent signings not only of the whales, but also the lesser players. Who will suffer? The fans, and the kids, AGAIN. Greed. Plain greed. Who could spend $250 million? But, noooooo….hold out for $300 million. Make going to a game so expensive for a family no one will be able to. Yes, the owners are rich. They don't care about me or the kids. Just the bottom line. BUT, they are running a business. They want to pay as little as possible. Isn't there some sensible middle ground?

Give me a fucking break. Both Machado and Harper have the opportunity to sign a contract for generational wealth, something they have both worked incredibly hard at for decades. You’re asking them to take a pay cut...for what? So they can sign with your favorite baseball team a little sooner? BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!11

What an absolute garbage post. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, daggins said:

So the new nightmare scenario is Harper signing with the Giants and the Phils throwing panic money at Machado.

I kind of have this feeling as well, although I can't tell how serious the Giants are.  They already have a shitty contract in Longoria and they aren't competing even with Harper.

Somehow the Walrus was misses in this discussion so I'd thought he deserved an honorable mention. 

Edited by BlackSox13

8 hours ago, Tony said:

Give me a fucking break. Both Machado and Harper have the opportunity to sign a contract for generational wealth, something they have both worked incredibly hard at for decades. You’re asking them to take a pay cut...for what? So they can sign with your favorite baseball team a little sooner? BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!11

Geez, man. I am absolutely on the business side of things, and think it's silly that either party (owners or players) do anything but act ruthlessly in their own financial interest, and I also reject the occasional pleading about why a guy can't just sign for something like love of a city and not just money, but it's not worth getting mad about. The sentimental "for love of the game" angle is an understandable, if misguided, thought process for a fan and his kid who don't have to decide whether they want 10 extra megayachts or 50.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Whelp, I just dreamt that Machado signed with the Sox. First time that has happened. This is a new low.

If this is the first time you dreamt of Machado signing with the Sox, you’re probably doing better than most of us.

• Haha 2

Who is the best source or who are the best sources on this site and what is their most current news on the Manny saga? Could  they please give an update? I've heard and read sooo many reports that my head is spinning!

7 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Who is the best source or who are the best sources on this site and what is their most current news on the Manny saga? Could  they please give an update? I've heard and read sooo many reports that my head is spinning!

It’s a standstill. Nothing new has been reported for weeks. 

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

giphy.gif

That's no way to go through life. Especially in following the chase of a super star free agent like Manny Machado. Life would be so boring!

10 hours ago, Tony said:

Hey Tony. If there is a "garbage post", YOU are the one who posted it. Someone run over your cat? I come on this site and enjoy reading comments from other Sox fans and I find your "garbage" response. There was nothing wrong with my post. Baseball is a game for the fans, INCLUDING the children. What is wrong with my asking just how much money is too much? Yes, I want Machado or Harper to sign with my team. Yes, I want it to happen now. What is wrong with that? You have a nice day and go bully someone else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Whelp, I just dreamt that Machado signed with the Sox. First time that has happened. This is a new low.

Had a fucked up dream about Machado around the time of the Kyler Murray news. He played for the Bears and Sox. No fucking clue why lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, xSouthsider2 said:

Hey Tony. If there is a "garbage post", YOU are the one who posted it. Someone run over your cat? I come on this site and enjoy reading comments from other Sox fans and I find your "garbage" response. There was nothing wrong with my post. Baseball is a game for the fans, INCLUDING the children. What is wrong with my asking just how much money is too much? Yes, I want Machado or Harper to sign with my team. Yes, I want it to happen now. What is wrong with that? You have a nice day and go bully someone else.

So if you have no problem asking a professional in their craft “how much is too much?” why don’t you let us all know what you do for a living, and how you much you make. We can all discuss, and decide if we think you’re paid too much. What do you say?

Manny Machado, Bryce Harper, or anyone else in American deserve to make whatever the free market decides they are worth. You think they owe something to you because they play a game? It’s a game to YOU. It’s their life. It’s how they make a living for their family and those that come after them.  If you can’t seperate the two, that’s on you. 

• Thanks 1

If Manny Machado signs this needs to be the first question asked at the press conference: "WTF took so long?"