Insp

March 31st 2019 White Sox vs. Royals

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes. I think this as well. Giolito needed to be given a chance to get out of it and pitch from the stretch.

His job isnt to protect giolito. It's to help him grow.

His job is to protect the health of his pitchers and having Rodon and Giolito throw almost 100 out of the gates is not necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Soler should have been his last batter.  These guys aren't throwing more than 80 pitches max I believe during ST.  There's a reason both him and Rodon completely fell apart at the 80 mark.

At some point, they need to be built up to 100+ pitches. A 6-0 lead where he was cruising seems like a good time to start that process. 

He's a major league pitcher, the kid gloves people use in 2019 in certain instances are crazy. 

Just now, Tony said:

At some point, they need to be built up to 100+ pitches. A 6-0 lead where he was cruising seems like a good time to start that process. 

He's a major league pitcher, the kid gloves people use in 2019 in certain instances are crazy. 

Yep. I saw enough of the kid gloves in alot of the guys last year other than Rodon. I'm glad so far Ricky is letting these guys learn on the fly. 

1 hour ago, mqr said:

This broadcast has missed so many pitches. It’s more infuriating than anything on the field

Yeah, this has been a really annoying issue all game long.

37 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I wondered the same but I assumed I was reading it wrong or he was saying that the pitcher blows.

But if he really nicknamed Eloy "Heblows" then yeah ban his ass

It's also unintentionally funny because if it's supposed to be pseudo-rhyme humor, it shows that he isn't anywhere close at knowing how to pronounce "Eloy" 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Wow, at least Palka was a one year wonder than a never was.

Liefer-esque?

Yolmer and Palka both look completely lost at the plate so far. Swinging blind up there

If McCann can stick to the approach that he showed in his last AB, then he might prove to be a worthy member of the team.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

His job is to protect the health of his pitchers and having Rodon and Giolito throw almost 100 out of the gates is not necessary.

Now almost 100 pitches is dangerous? Come on.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

I don't understand why Yolmer Sanchez plays every day... Great dude - but I just don't get it.

He is a starter because Hahn whiffed on Machado.  I wouldn’t mind seeing what Rondon can do.

• Like 2

Just a quick review but pretty much every single starting pitcher who threw well yesterday (with the exception of the Houston game) threw more than 92 pitches. Bauer threw 107. 

Citing health concerns for letting giolito face two batters after giving up the hit is way over the top. 

Yoan, flash and no finish.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

How that was ruled a hit I'll never understand but I'm sure Moncada is happy. Herrera, not so much.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

How that was ruled a hit I'll never understand but I'm sure Moncada is happy. Herrera, not so much.

I think it was ruled a hit because it was a tough stop to make in the first place. And you can't fault a fielder by giving him an error for a ball many 3B wouldn't even get to cleanly. Which goes to show why it's such a bogus statistic to begin with. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

Timmy pulled a Roger Dorn on that ball.

Maybe he shouldn't have talked so much crap about how SS is his?

• Like 1