Sox Home Opener vs Ms

Memo to Rickeye: In the modern game you don't a!ways make your starters go six.  Third time through is not the charm. 

Hoping a couple young arms graduate to the bullpen and the manager does not over expose the weak gloves on this squad. 

Edited by pcq

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Anderson getting pegged tomorrow 

I was saying it's a shame he breaks the weird, stupid unwritten rules of baseball all the time. I wonder if all teams will start pegging him. I love TA, but I hate the unwritten rules of baseball. One time you should have an unwritten rule, they don't have it. There should be an unwritten rule against shifting to get a guy to pull the ball into it. It embarrasses the hitter, so it should be an "unwritten rule."

WHAT A GREAT OPENER. I hope some of you who had such a bad time in 2017 opener were there today. Had to be a great atmosphere as everybody loves offense. Should be interesting to see if Hahn created a good 7th, 8th, 9th inning situation with Burr, Herrera, Cologne. If it's lights out, he won't be fliipping them at any deadline!

LOVE U Moncada, Anderson, Eloy, hated our cleanup hitter choice, Abreu, et. all.

48 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

Didn't get to watch the game today, but the calls for Moncada's RBI are glorious.

Anyone who says Benetti doesn't love the Sox isn't watching.  

Benetti is a star in the making. Great voice and delivery. He needs a home run call but frankly not much else. He is a delight. Stone is simply the best color analyst alive. If you want to be annoyed, watch a Royals game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

There's quite a few competing teams that need a closer, already.  If you don't think Colome will/could be dangled near the deadline I got news for you.

If he is dominant why the hell would we trade him if we'll need a closer for next season when we are a WS contender? Who is the closer we'll be targeting in free agency next winter? Now if Colome and  Herrera suck or are meh, fine, trade them. If the Sox are .500 they'll be in the Central race. At some point they might try to win a pennant, that would be nice.

Edited by greg775

14 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If he is dominant why the hell would we trade him if we'll need a closer for next season when we are a WS contender? Who is the closer we'll be targeting in free agency next winter? Now if Colome and  Herrera suck or are meh, fine, trade them. If the Sox are .500 they'll be in the Central race. At some point they might try to win a pennant, that would be nice.

You find another one?  If you could get a top 50-75 prospect for him you pull that all day.  We have 2 years before we are going to be in contention for anything.  We also have guys that project as high leverage relievers within the org.

Edited by BackDoorBreach