5/5 Games #CeaseDay

If Moncada and Jimenez have taught us anything, it is that dominating the minors is great, but the majors is a completely different ballgame. It's nice to be excited about Robert, but minor league rankings and stats mean jack and shit. Gotta come up to the Sox and rake. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Moncada and Jimenez have taught us anything, it is that dominating the minors is great, but the majors is a completely different ballgame. 

i don’t think it’s moncada and jimenez that taught us that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Moncada and Jimenez have taught us anything, it is that dominating the minors is great, but the majors is a completely different ballgame. It's nice to be excited about Robert, but minor league rankings and stats mean jack and shit. Gotta come up to the Sox and rake. 

I will say this, though, it is better to dominate in the minors than be kinda good.  The only Sox prospect I can remember who was kinda good in the minors and then was a star was Ventura.  Even Maggs absolutely dominated AAA in his last year there.

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I will say this, though, it is better to dominate in the minors than be kinda good.  The only Sox prospect I can remember who was kinda good in the minors and then was a star was Ventura.  Even Maggs absolutely dominated AAA in his last year there.

Well, yeah. It is incredibly frustrating that the Sox can't have a nice new shiny toy. It seems the baseball gods don't allow them to have nice things. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Moncada has a 127 wRC+ and you're trying to use him as a cautionary tale? 

Not this year, but for his 2017-18 yeah. And he's been scuffling for 2 weeks now. I want to believe it is just normal ebbs and flows of the season but I'm a little freaked that he sucks again. I personally think Moncada has  little power from the right side and they've faced a ton of lefties is the last two weeks. It is probably going to take him a bit to get his lefty swing back. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

For those with the Juan Soto comp, Soto raked in his first stop last year and hit the ground running in his 2nd and 3rd stops as well. Looks like Robert could be on his way to that type of streak. Only question is how aggressive will the Sox be.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

For those with the Juan Soto comp, Soto raked in his first stop last year and hit the ground running in his 2nd and 3rd stops as well. Looks like Robert could be on his way to that type of streak. Only question is how aggressive will the Sox be.

No reason to wait. The clock is ticking. If they're deemed ready, call 'em up. 

Just now, turnin' two said:

I think it is more likely poor management, development and strategies.

Obviously, just a saying. I've lamented for years that they're 10-15 years behind the rest of the majors in their baseball operations dept. 

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Eloy is a month into his ML career so let's take it easy there. He's going to be a really good hitter for a lot of years. As for Yoan, he didn't necessarily dominate MILB if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Also note that Robert had 3 doubles and 3 RBIs, yet 0 runs scored. Just goes to show how bad the guys hitting behind him are right now.

He already has 4 XBH in only 5 games. The same number as Rivera and Gonzalez who both lead the team. Already halfway to Blake Rutherford's hit total. It's pretty crazy in how bad they've been and how good he's doing right now. 

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Eloy is a month into his ML career so let's take it easy there. He's going to be a really good hitter for a lot of years. As for Yoan, he didn't necessarily dominate MILB if I remember correctly.

He destroyed every level except AAA, and in 2017 when before he got hurt in late May/early June, he was hitting .340. They kept him down and he got a little bored. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

25 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He already has 4 XBH in only 5 games. The same number as Rivera and Gonzalez who both lead the team. Already halfway to Blake Rutherford's hit total. It's pretty crazy in how bad they've been and how good he's doing right now. 

Is this where we talk about how quite a few of us said Birmingham would lead to the death of Rutherford and Sheets prospect status (if they had any left).  Robert is impressive as hell though

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

And with that, you finally earn the ignore. My God, you're a blow hard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1