Hahn expects aggressive offseason

KrankinSox

The worst part of the trade deadline wasn’t being unable to extract value out of Colome or trading away international bonus pool to dump salary, but rather guys like Wheeler, Bumgarner, etc were not traded and will now cost us a draft pick if signed.  Really big bummer there.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

The worst part of the trade deadline wasn’t being unable to extract value out of Colome or trading away international bonus pool to dump salary, but rather guys like Wheeler, Bumgarner, etc were not traded and will now cost us a draft pick if signed.  Really big bummer there.

I guess the good news is the Sox will be bad enough that it still won't cost them their 1st round pick anyways.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I love how you refrain from criticizing anything and anyone except Abreu. I admire your consistency :)

I am just a contrarian. ;)

Criticizing the garbage on the roster like Reed just isn’t worth the effort and I criticize Hahn plenty, especially when it comes to their LatAm operation. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

What an epitome of a Hahn quote. "Logical to see a heightened level of aggressiveness this offseason."

1) This doesn't even say we WILL see a more aggressive offseason, just that it would make sense to

2) Heightened level of aggressiveness is a relative term, so it only means more aggressive than last year, which could still not be close to aggressive enough in the fans eyes

The dude is a master at not actually committing to anything he sounds like he is. I'd pay a pretty penny to hear his wedding vows.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

The challenge Hahn faces this offseason is the farm system is in really rough shape after you remove untouchables.  Just too many guys who regressed or got injured this year.  That puts a ton of pressure on him to fill a lot of holes via free agency.  If they’re willing to fund a league average payroll, then I think it’s doable.  But if they plan on filling major holes via trade, they’re in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The challenge Hahn faces this offseason is the farm system is in really rough shape after you remove untouchables.  Just too many guys who regressed or got injured this year.  That puts a ton of pressure on him to fill a lot of holes via free agency.  If they’re willing to fund a league average payroll, then I think it’s doable.  But if they plan on filling major holes via trade, they’re in for a rude awakening.

+1. Wonderful post. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yep and it’s main reason I wanted Colome dealt.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

What an epitome of a Hahn quote. "Logical to see a heightened level of aggressiveness this offseason."

1) This doesn't even say we WILL see a more aggressive offseason, just that it would make sense to

2) Heightened level of aggressiveness is a relative term, so it only means more aggressive than last year, which could still not be close to aggressive enough in the fans eyes

The dude is a master at not actually committing to anything he sounds like he is. I'd pay a pretty penny to hear his wedding vows.

He's an unimaginative, big-talking pussy. But that's what his owner demands of him, so what can you do?

When this off-season again fails to produce tangible results, I hope the fans of this franchise REALLY start boycotting the horrendous product on the field. At some point, people will HAVE to realize that they are being scammed/played/manipulated by an empty soul who has figured out a new way (i.e., "the rebuild") of maximizing profits and selling false hope. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1