AJ Reed optioned

mqr

22 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

But why

Because Skole has a long career in front of him so we need to use these valuable at bats to evaluate him to see if he can fill 1B or DH next year.

Actually, no.  It’s cuz our front office wears clown shoes.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

I'm not going to argue that it should be Palka, or Reed, or Skole since they're all at least 26 now (Skole being the oldest) and Palka and Reed haven't done much with their chances this year and they're all likely what they are at this point.

But yeah, it should be Collins or Mercedes (also 26, but at least give him a shot, at least hes different).

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

I'm not going to argue that it should be Palka, or Reed, or Skole since they're all at least 26 now (Skole being the oldest) and Palka and Reed haven't done much with their chances this year and they're all likely what they are at this point.

But yeah, it should be Collins or Mercedes.

Skole is 30.  He has about as much of a future on the White Sox as I do.  This is as stupid as calling up Goins over Mendick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Skole is 30.  He has about as much of a future on the White Sox as I do.  This is as stupid as calling up Goins over Mendick.

Palka and Reed have no future either is the point I'm getting at. And yeah, Mendick should have been up before Goins and definitely should be up now.

Just all crap that will be taken off the 40-man in 3 months.

Edited by soxfan2014

Maybe they need to see more results from Collins' new swing/approach when he goes through the International League a second time. That is about the only logical explanation for not calling up Collins. Reed was killing them offensively so I understand giving someone else a look. If Collins wasn't ready for a second try, I would've rather they called up Mercedes. Choosing Skole over Mercedes is purely a handedness decision. Same with Goins over Mendick. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Was Skole already on the 40 man?

At any rate, I'm not as down on the idea as others. I really would like to see someone other than Palka and I can live with the desire to call up a lefty. Makes sense to let Collins gets his reps at catcher down there and call him up in September. Skole has slowed down since his blazing start to the season but he's got some pop and has earned a shot.