8/5 | Sox @ Tigers | Gio vs Turnbull | 6:10PM CT

Tnetennba

Just now, fathom said:

I mean this in all sincerity, but I love your Giolito fandom

Why? I find this funny. To be honest, I don't think he would have ever been this good without changing his arm swing and shortening it up. The talent was always there, but that adjustment has really unlocked his TOR potential. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Why? I find this funny. To be honest, I don't think he would have ever been this good without changing his arm swing and shortening it up. The talent was always there, but that adjustment has really unlocked his TOR potential. 

No, I think it’s great you’re so excited watching him.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

No, I think it’s great you’re so excited watching him.

I'm just happy that he turned it around and went from bust to boom. He was really bad last year. He's done some stuff grip wise to help with his FB spin rate as well. The stuff he did is right out of the Astros pitching lab playbook. 

I always believed in him but there were times I felt like I was wearing the dunce cap defending him still getting starts with the Sox. 

I'm a sucker for pitching. I enjoy watching pitchers perform their craft. I've always considered it the most cerebral position on the baseball field along with catcher. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hawk always talked about being in control and having the advantage. Yoan has been so much better at that this year. Eloy has definitely not.

I was talking about anderson.   Like a few others have said I should accept what he is . Which I'm not saying is bad by the way. Jimenez is a rookie I'm not concerned about him. I have no doubt that he will improve.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Their lineup is just awful without Moncada. 

Yeah, even with Tim and Eloy back... this has been a real awakening as to how much Moncada has meant to this offense. 1-5 in this lineup goes from being somewhat respectable to brutal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yeah, even with Tim and Eloy back... this has been a real awakening as to how much Moncada has meant to this offense. 1-5 in this lineup goes from being somewhat respectable to brutal. 

Even with him, the lineup still isn't very good. Just way too many AAAA, AAA, etc. guys on it. Abreu not being what he once was also doesn't help. 

Just now, SoxAce said:

Even with him, the lineup still isn't very good. Just way too many AAAA, AAA, etc. guys on it. Abreu not being what he once was also doesn't help. 

Oh, no doubt. I was simply speaking on the top portion. The bottom has been a black hole all season. At the break, our 1-4 trailed only Boston in terms of batting average. 

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

He's been awful lately and tonight he's 2 innings into a scoreless start against a team with a win percentage under .300. Relax, chief.

Awful? Lol

I think you're the one who needs to relax and drop the hyperbole. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1