Sox In on Lindor? Crackpot Rumor?

Moan4Yoan

2 hours ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Can you please tell me what you are saying in this post?

Top have was just trolling with the 👀🤐🤯

Bottom half I'm just saying that I don't believe anything related to Lindor.  It doesnt make sense for the Sox at all, unless the biggest name we give up is Madrigal

Edited by Moncada

Sounds like Lindor might actually be traded...

https://theathletic.com/1475874/2019/12/19/rosenthal-donaldson-sweepstakes-update-lindor-talks-reaching-critical-stage-mets-not-too-motivated-on-marte/

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic writes that the Indians are telling clubs interested in trading for Francisco Lindor that "they want each team’s best and final offers so they can make an assessment over the weekend."

Edited by Moan4Yoan

30 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Sounds like Lindor might actually be traded...

https://theathletic.com/1475874/2019/12/19/rosenthal-donaldson-sweepstakes-update-lindor-talks-reaching-critical-stage-mets-not-too-motivated-on-marte/

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic writes that the Indians are telling clubs interested in trading for Francisco Lindor that "they want each team’s best and final offers so they can make an assessment over the weekend."

Wait...is there actually smoke to this bullshit??? 

17 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why would the Indians trade Lindor to the White Sox?  And why would the Indians have interest in a guy (Thompson) they could have just taken in the R5 draft?  

If they want to trade him, they'd be smart to trade him to the White Sox.  They get the prospects they want, plus damage a divisional rival long term.

If they trade Lindor, they don't care what happens next year anyway.

• Like 2

Lindor is one of those guys that if you have a chance to get, you get him.  Worry about who to play where afterwards.  That being said, I don't think it's likely for a couple reasons.  It would be a trade within the division.  And it would cost too much.  Unless you could guarantee he would sign an extension, you'd be getting him for two years.  Nothing wrong with adding a guy like that for the next two seasons, but the window for the Sox should be fully opening in 2021 and hopefully stay open for several seasons.

33 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Lindor is one of those guys that if you have a chance to get, you get him.  Worry about who to play where afterwards.  That being said, I don't think it's likely for a couple reasons.  It would be a trade within the division.  And it would cost too much.  Unless you could guarantee he would sign an extension, you'd be getting him for two years.  Nothing wrong with adding a guy like that for the next two seasons, but the window for the Sox should be fully opening in 2021 and hopefully stay open for several seasons.

From my convo with that dude hes absolutely sure sox will get lindor by sunday.hes way to sure.idk

I still feel like it’s more likely that he stays but CLE being fairly public about all of this makes me think the owners too-public stance on not planning to re-sign him made it toxic enough that they are going to take the larger return on the extra year of control on him.

Wild all these competitive teams discussing trading impt contributors with two years left.

But I guess we should hope they trade him and bungle the return. 

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Long term, it's not a good move. He would be here 2 years and you're giving a significant piece (or two or three) plus other pieces to your rival.

Counter point: he's a top 10 player in baseball and is 26 years old and the White Sox could completely redefine their franchise by giving him an amazing extension and revitalize a saddened fanbase and go on to win 3 of the next 7 World Series.

But fuck it. Money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

Counter point: he's a top 10 player in baseball and is 26 years old and the White Sox could completely redefine their franchise by giving him an amazing extension and revitalize a saddened fanbase and go on to win 3 of the next 7 World Series.

But fuck it. Money.

Agreed with this train of thought. A lindor move and extension would keep my pessimistic mouth shut for a long ass time. 

Lindor is a top 5 player in all of baseball behind/around Trout/Acuna maybe Yellich. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Agreed with this train of thought. A lindor move and extension would keep my pessimistic mouth shut for a long ass time. 

Lindor is a top 5 player in all of baseball behind/around Trout/Acuna maybe Yellich. 

Slight exaggeration.

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

If they want to trade him, they'd be smart to trade him to the White Sox.  They get the prospects they want, plus damage a divisional rival long term.

If they trade Lindor, they don't care what happens next year anyway.

The Indians are not folding up the tents just because they trade Lindor. They are retooling on the fly. That logic might work if the Tigers traded Boyd to us but not with the Indians and Lindor.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The Indians are not folding up the tenst just because the trade Lindor. They are retooling on the fly. That logic might work if the Tigers traded Boyd to us but not with the Indians and Lindor.

Have you spoken to someone from Twitter that this is a possibility!!...wow that would be great!!!

Boyd to the Sox needs its own thread 👀

Edited by wegner

1 hour ago, Steve9347 said:

But fuck it. Money.

Maybe one exists out there but could you please find me an example where a team that traded for a superstar free agent to be for a short period of time such as 2 years or less convinced him to sign an extension ?

I feel like extension talk comes up on trading for every superstar like Lindor or Betts and goes on and on without ever being a real possibility.

I understand this is a fantasy type trade that will never happen and it's fun to discuss the possibilities but once the trade is done in your mind perhaps the rest of the fantasy should be grounded in reality.

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

Of all the White Sox trade rumors out there, which there aren't that many, Lindor seems the least likely.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lindor is traded, but I just can't see the Sox being involved.

I'm pretty sure most of us realize that . But then again maybe some people need to be reminded if they actually think Lindor to us is a possibility.

We should hope Lindor is NOT traded. The White Sox have failed to get the pitching they need to push in for next year (and they seem to know it; Mazara is a rebuilding move, not a win-now move), meaning the true competitive window begins 2021 at the earliest. We would be better off if CLE continues to push in now versus getting future value for Lindor, thus making them stronger when it’s more important to the White Sox. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm pretty sure most of us realize that . But then again maybe some people need to be reminded if they actually think Lindor to us is a possibility.

Right.  Wasn't trying to remind anyone...just making a statement.  Sorry if it was redundant.