Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buehrle>Wood

ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Recommended Posts

How about trading for yastremski from the giants? Vaughn, madrigal and crochet should be off limits but they might still get it done without losing any of the top guys. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

How about trading for yastremski from the giants? Vaughn, madrigal and crochet should be off limits but they might still get it done without losing any of the top guys. 

Are the Giants punting on this season and selling off because of something bad that happened in Spring Training? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

How’s a guy with ruptured pec going to retain strength in his shoulder?

He won't for 8-12 weeks. After that he will need to work on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's stop trying to make Puig and Cespedes happen. One guy no team wants and the other has played like 5 games in 3 years and had surgeries on both legs within last couple years. And with no minor league season until May, either guy won't be here until at least mid-Mayish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Easy option here to get a cheap gem to replace Eloy.  Go to Texas and get Ronald Guzman, he is out of options and they really want to play Lowe at 1B.   

Or Sam Hilliard from COL as they have a roster crunch in the OF when Rogers comes back from the dl. 

Edited by Moncada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

How about trading for yastremski from the giants? Vaughn, madrigal and crochet should be off limits but they might still get it done without losing any of the top guys. 

Why would the giants give up a .900 ops guy with several years of control currently at league minimum, without demanding a haul??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Adam Engel isn't going ready for opening day so I think they may need to make a trade or sign someone now. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Why would the giants give up a .900 ops guy with several years of control currently at league minimum, without demanding a haul??

They wouldn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Easy option here to get a cheap gem to replace Eloy.  Go to Texas and get Ronald Guzman, he is out of options and they really want to play Lowe at 1B.   

He's having an outstanding spring but he's a 1st baseman. Don't need any more of those types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as this sucks, I'm trying to put things in perspective.  If Vaughn hits the ground running and Moncada is closer to his 2019 self, there's no reason this offense can't be as good this year as it was last, even without Eloy.  And to me the overall success of this year's team was always going to have much more to do with the effectiveness of the rotation (and those guys staying healthy) than the position players.  Anderson, Moncada, Abreu, Grandal, Vaughn, Robert....the lineup will score plenty of runs.  And if Engel or Hamilton end up taking the bulk of the playing time that just opened up, the overall outfield defense just got A LOT better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Adam Engel isn't going ready for opening day so I think they may need to make a trade or sign someone now. 

Nick Williams he's already here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance they see if Vaughn can play LF well enough?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's having an outstanding spring but he's a 1st baseman. Don't need any more of those types.

He has been playing the of most all of spring training and has looked decent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Let's stop trying to make Puig and Cespedes happen. One guy no team wants and the other has played like 5 games in 3 years and had surgeries on both legs within last couple years. And with no minor league season until May, either guy won't be here until at least mid-Mayish.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE "FETCH" HAPPEN 

E7F65F3F-CAB2-481A-9EB5-BEF0EA4BB4BD.jpeg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

 

He has a whole week to get ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

What would it take to get Kris Bryant?

JR being incapacitated.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, justBLAZE said:

What would it take to get Kris Bryant?

That’s the only guy I could think of but I didnt want to say it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

STOP TRYING TO MAKE "FETCH" HAPPEN 

E7F65F3F-CAB2-481A-9EB5-BEF0EA4BB4BD.jpeg

Exactly what I was going for. Thank you lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, knightni said:

Any chance they see if Vaughn can play LF well enough?

Hes going to be in LF tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Hes going to be in LF tomorrow.

Wouldn't that be something if he ends up good enough there that Vaughn is the LF of the future and Eloy is the DH

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've alway advocated to get Byant to play one of the corners in the grass. This is the wrong time to go get him but it may be something needed. He is a plus if Yoan gets hurt. Could cost us a Kopeck/Stiever but this is a good move if we can lock Kris up for long term. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×