3/28 | White Sox vs Diamondbacks | 3:05PM CT | NBCS Chicago / ESPN1000/MLB.tv

Tnetennba

7 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Its officially worry about Robert time. He has looked awful for 2 weeks

La Russa has said in multiple occasions he has the most talent on the entire team. He’s literally just young and spring training numbers don’t matter at all. Like at all to people who watch baseball. We don’t know what he’s working on was told to do. Spring training matters 0 percent. 

• Like 2

It helps that Robert's floor starts with him being perhaps the best defensive outfielder in baseball with elite raw power/exit velocity. Those skills never leave him. Even when his approach is completely out of whack he's going to be a very valuable player. The hitting will come around.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

When will Luis Robert hit his next baseball

BP doesn't count

edit: I see people mentioning Luis, I'm a few innings behind. did he finally hit something? Lol

Had a double yesterday and a game tying walk today. When will people stop worrying and learn spring training doesn’t matter. He was awesome in the playoffs 

46 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

No it’s not. Don’t be a meatball 

Not being a meatball. He has made Good contact 2 times in 2 weeks. I really hope its boredom and wanting to work through things. I am one of his biggest fans, but he still is chasing too often and is in 0-2 counts nearly half his at bats. I know spring training means nothing, but the tendencies remain to start the season quite often. He will still be elite when he makes contact, but 47% swing rate is 3rd worst in baseball and worth watching in April. I still think he is a peak 7-8 WAR guy if everything clicks, but that is several seasons away until discipline improves. His minors numbers show adversity and then explosion though, so I would rather the struggles be now then when it matters. With Eloy out he is probably the most important bat in the lineup.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Not being a meatball. He has made Good contact 2 times in 2 weeks. I really hope its boredom and wanting to work through things. I am one of his biggest fans, but he still is chasing too often and is in 0-2 counts nearly half his at bats. I know spring training means nothing, but the tendencies remain to start the season quite often. He will still be elite when he makes contact, but 47% swing rate is 3rd worst in baseball and worth watching in April. I still think he is a peak 7-8 WAR guy if everything clicks, but that is several seasons away until discipline improves. His minors numbers show adversity and then explosion though, so I would rather the struggles be now then when it matters. With Eloy out he is probably the most important bat in the lineup.

He’s also a guy with only 60 mlb games guys a freak athleticism. It doesn’t mean it’s going to happen right away. That was the case for Anderson, moncada and eloy. Not sure why Sox fans have forgotten that. He will be fine. Moncada led the majors in strikeouts. You guys just gotta be patient.