Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled

2Deep

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

If there was a chance that Robert/Jimenez could return by the ASB then my opinion would be different. They might be back in September, and that is if they have no setbacks. 

Not trading Lynn/Rodon if they can't be extended is a fireable offense. 

The only good thing about your scenario is it would make people forget about the other White Flag trade because this would blow that one away .

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The only good thing about your scenario is it would make people forget about the other White Flag trade because this would blow that one away .

The White flag trade was a net positive in the end. Everyone forgets that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Pirates, probably...

Stiever is a legit pitching prospect and Sheet is putting up numbers in AAA.

Frazier is under contract until 2022, I think it's a fair deal.  Maybe add in a lotto ticket like Burdi.  

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If his cost is anything of value, I'm good and I hate Eaton. Not that the Sox have much minor league value in  the first place. 

Why do you feel this way? Given his salary, and the cheap ass Marlins, I think he can be had cheaply. Marte in RF helps offensively and defensively - big time. 

If there was a chance that Robert/Jimenez could return by the ASB then my opinion would be different. They might be back in September, and that is if they have no setbacks. 

Not trading Lynn/Rodon if they can't be extended is a fireable offense. 

The guys set to resume baseball activities are 90 days away from returning? Say what? Both will be back in August, book it.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, ron883 said:

Why do you feel this way? Given his salary, and the cheap ass Marlins, I think he can be had cheaply. Marte in RF helps offensively and defensively - big time. 

If they start to spiral a bit id listen but if the rotation stays healthy and they continue to shove on people I'd just tread water until you get healthy. 

I wouldn't be upset with a move but I wouldn't want to give up much either. 

They're idiots. A smart FO would totally punt this season. 

Lol the sox are maybe the best team in baseball and the loss of nick madrigal for 60 days means they're suddenly punt the season worthy 

Jack, relax. You didn't even like the madrigal pick lol

Madrigal is my guy and they'll be fine without him.

You lose a SP or two and I'll start to have some concern 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If they start to spiral a bit id listen but if the rotation stays healthy and they continue to shove on people I'd just tread water until you get healthy. 

I wouldn't be upset with a move but I wouldn't want to give up much either. 

Yeah, we'll see how the team performs. It may get rough with the Rays and Astros coming up. Bullpen help will probably be more important, realistically. 

I like the idea of a great fielder next to Robert the rest of this season. Marte is also a legit bat. I don't trust Eaton at all, and think RF will be even more of a black hole going forward and in the playoffs. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol the sox are maybe the best team in baseball and the loss of nick madrigal for 60 days means they're suddenly punt the season worthy 

Jack, relax. You didn't even like the madrigal pick lol

I thought that they should punt once Robert got hurt and nothing I've seen since has made me change my mind. 

They have very little offense outside of Anderson and Moncada right now. Occasionally Abreu and Vaughn show up. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Yeah, we'll see how the team performs. It may get rough with the Rays and Astros coming up. Bullpen help will probably be more important, realistically. 

I like the idea of a great fielder next to Robert the rest of this season. Marte is also a legit bat. I don't trust Eaton at all, and think RF will be even more of a black hole going forward and in the playoffs. 

Don't get me wrong, id love marte over Eaton, I just am not sure it's worth real assets.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nothing you've seen since, ie being the best team in baseball, has changed your mind? God have mercy on you Jack.

I think it's fool's gold and won't last. 

The barren farm has a lot to do with this. 

Kelley is hurt, Thompson/Dalquist are awful, etc. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ok I'll bite who does Parkman want traded in a white flag sell off (while the team is in first place)?

Lynn and Rodon?

Everyone else is cost controlled for a few more years at least.

Also you aren't getting much for Lynn and Rodon since they are free agents after this year.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think it's fool's gold and won't last. 

Yes, the mlb leading run differential, MLB leading war, only team in top 3 (top 5 even!) Of position player and pitching WAR, is fools gold. 

Jack, my guy... get it together!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

10 minutes ago, y2chae said:

Ok I'll bite who does Parkman want traded in a white flag sell off (while the team is in first place)?

Lynn and Rodon?

Everyone else is cost controlled for a few more years at least.

Also you aren't getting much for Lynn and Rodon since they are free agents after this year.

Yep, just them, and only if they get blown away by an offer. Can't get blown away if you don't listen. 

If the best offer is the crap the Cubs took for Darvish then by all means hang on. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I thought that they should punt once Robert got hurt and nothing I've seen since has made me change my mind. 

They have very little offense outside of Anderson and Moncada right now. Occasionally Abreu and Vaughn show up. 

Since Robert got hurt the Sox have buried the Twins and expanded their lead over everyone in the division. 

If that doesn't scream sell, I don't know what does.

• Like 1