ELOY back Monday against KC

2Deep

2 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Down here the local sports stations are saying the Rangers want MLB ready arms.

That is something the Sox lack, although I support a Gallo for Lambert and Stiever deal.  Hell, I would even throw in ReyLo.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea well I want a 8" pecker, a 300 yard drive down the fairway every time and 100 acres on the Big Island.

Yea but the rangers have a chance at what they want

• Haha 2

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Crochet

can't just be trading away these potential 4 WAR cost controlled pitchers.  it's quite likely the Sox lose both Lynn and Rodon (~50% to bring one back) and Crochet has shown enough growth with his offspeed to warrant a starting spot next year in the back end of the rotation imo.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Cease and crochet

JFC, that is a OOTP trade the computer accepts. Here's potentially 20 WAR at 2 million per over the next 5 years, here, take this one dimensional corner slugger that can't find consistency to take it to the next level and oh yea will be a FA soon.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Sure. Personally, I am not trading Kopech or Crochet.  Wouldn’t even occur to me.  Too valuable in the pen this year, too valuable in the rotation moving forward.

Then all-star quality players like Gallo are probably beyond the price range you're willing to pay.

Doesn't mean it's a mistake to say that, just a reality.

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

can't just be trading away these potential 4 WAR cost controlled pitchers.  it's quite likely the Sox lose both Lynn and Rodon (~50% to bring one back) and Crochet has shown enough growth with his offspeed to warrant a starting spot next year in the back end of the rotation imo.

Just naming names. Honestly, they are in last place in their division and probably should be thinking about rebuilding so you would think they would be asking for prospects. Asking for MLB ready arms seems kind of ridiculous! 

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Then all-star quality players like Gallo are probably beyond the price range you're willing to pay.

Fair enough.  In a short series, I would rather have bullpen depth than lineup depth, but that’s just my take.  I honestly believe 5 years of Crochet > 1.5 years of Gallo.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

It's an adage that you don't need an all-star at every position.  It's crazy that if we were to trade for a Gallo/Marte in RF, when healthy we would literally have all-star talent at every position (granted you have to squint a bit with Madrigal).  Honestly, has that ever even happened?

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Just naming names. Honestly, they are in last place in their division and probably looking to rebuild so wouldn’t they just want prospects instead? Asking for MLB ready arms seems ridiculous! 

Every team aims high to see who bites and then works down from there. Gallo is Big commodity. All Star, Power, GG and he is getting hot at about the right time.

Edited by RibbieRubarb
typo

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I literally cannot name one "MLB ready pitcher" traded recently at the deadline.  Are there some?  Nobody is going to trade away MLB talent because that's why they are contending.

Can you just laugh at the absurdity of your post just for once and recognize that another joke was being made.  Nothing more, nothing less.

2 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Every team aims high to see who bites and then works down from there. Gallo is Big commodity. All Star, Power, GG and he is getting hot at about the right time.

after looking more at his stats Gallo and underlying components I think I misjudged Gallo.  The Sox would def be buying high, but he's also in his absolute prime as a player and looks to have made a true talent jump into a 4-5 WAR player where before he was maybe 3.

I'm not sure how anything other than starting with Cease gets it done, and that would create a hole in the rotation while filling RF.  Don't think you can rely on Kopech to just step in.  He has the kid gloves on and it's for his own good.

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

JFC, that is a OOTP trade the computer accepts. Here's potentially 20 WAR at 2 million per over the next 5 years, here, take this one dimensional corner slugger that can't find consistency to take it to the next level and oh yea will be a FA soon.

Consider the source.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Can you just laugh at the absurdity of your post just for once and recognize that another joke was being made.  Nothing more, nothing less.

make that your sig I guess then i will be reminded. it's early in the morning here and I'm slamming coffee while dreading the start of the work day.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

make that your sig I guess then i will be reminded. it's early in the morning here and I'm slamming coffee while dreading the start of the work day.

I disabled my ability to see sigs yeeeears ago to reduce garbage on the board, I have no idea if I even have one anymore.  Do I?

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

I disabled my ability to see sigs yeeeears ago to reduce garbage on the board, I have no idea if I even have one anymore.  Do I?

You have one of my favorites:

Hawk: One of the finest games I ever had the privilege of watching through my career was watching Freddy Garcia vs Santana last year, when Freddy threw a one-hitter and lost to the Twins 1-0.

DJ: Yeah, that game sucked.

• Haha 3

• Heads22 changed the title to ELOY back Monday against KC