Marshall is Garbage

Soxsi75

I don't care if we are ahead 16-1. Marshall cannot pitch with ANY lead!! ANY lead!! If he's "out of options" and we insist on not DFA'ing him, then the only time he can pitch is if we hopelessly behind. But NEVER AGAIN with ANY kind of lead. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It was pretty obvious he had an issue with his hand or arm. Stone called it. He's been inconsistent as much as anyone in the bullpen, but I wouldn't put his implosion completely on his ability tonight.

I'm not putting it all on tonight. He's been total complete garbage all year. As a person, I hope he's alright. As a pitcher, I could care less if he's out all year. 

1 minute ago, Soxsi75 said:

I'm not putting it all on tonight. He's been total complete garbage all year. As a person, I hope he's alright. As a pitcher, I could care less if he's out all year. 

Entering tonight his last 11 appearances he went 11IP, 16 K, 2 BB, 8H, 3ER (all in that one Detroit appearance). It looked like he started to turn a corner.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Entering tonight his last 11 appearances he went 11IP, 16 K, 2 BB, 8H, 3ER (all in that one Detroit appearance). It looked like he started to turn a corner.

Too short a time span to tell anything. Because actually, he appeared he was turning the corner BEFORE the Detroit game. In that game, he gave away a 7-2 lead, and since that time he's had only 1 clean inning in his 6 appearances since that Detroit game, including allowing the tying hit in the big lead we blew in the TB game. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

yeah let's gloss over the inherited runners that scored off him (23 inherited runners, 10 have scored)

fucking brutal, but hey 3 earned runs!!

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

yeah let's gloss over the inherited runners that scored off him (23 inherited runners, 10 have scored)

fucking brutal, but hey 3 earned runs!!

Agree with this guy 100%. He has been killing us. IL him or whatever, but you can't put him in games we're trying to win. Let Burr or Fry or both replace him. If we're really trying to win the division and hang on until we get our outfielders back, you can't put him out there in a tight game. He's had more than enough chances to show he's coming around to his old form, and it obvious he's NOT coming around. So go with someone else, anyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

I witnessed a kid tear his UCL (ulnar collateral ligament - significant tear = Tommy John surgery) when I was in high school. I was playing 3B and in on the grass for a potential bunt. You could audibly hear the snap. I saw the pitcher's grimace and walked up to him. When I reached the mound he was doing the exact thing Marshall was doing last night. Trying to stretch out his hand on his other forearm.

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well, day to day is better than an immediate DL trip.

Marshall was taken out of the game right before 10 PM. The Sox tweeted he was day-to-day at 10:27. So at that point he didn't have an MRI yet. The Sox announcement really means nothing until imaging is done and a couple of doctors' opinions are given. 

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, raBBit said:

I witnessed a kid tear his UCL (ulnar collateral ligament - significant tear = Tommy John surgery) when I was in high school. I was playing 3B and in on the grass for a potential bunt. You could audibly hear the snap. I saw the pitcher's grimace and walked up to him. When I reached the mound he was doing the exact thing Marshall was doing last night. Trying to stretch out his hand on his other forearm.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what it is; I also wonder if that's behind his struggles this year - as much as people love to hate on him, he's been far above average in 2019 and 2020. Sad to see if that's what it is.

• Like 1