Sox at Twins 8/10, 7:10

Bob Sacamano

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

will tony finally learn that Keuchel is a 5 inning pitcher? or will he continue to roll the dice and get burned

TLR pretty much rolls the dice every time to get a few extra outs from his pitchers. It's why you see him pulling guys after they walk one guy in an inning they had no business pitching in. 

Just now, Jerksticks said:

I think you give the vet a chance to finish his inning.  Didn’t work.  What’s the big deal?

Because the numbers are obvious that he sucks the third time through. Why chance it almost every time? 

We harp on this in every game thread Keuchel pitches in and more often than not, we're right. You know why? Cause the numbers are glaringly obvious. 

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

I think you give the vet a chance to finish his inning.  Didn’t work.  What’s the big deal?

Keuchel turns the average hitter he sees 3rd time through into peak Jose Abreu. The Sox have the deepest bullpen in baseball. There's no reason to push your luck with Keuchel in most situations he's out there.

Just now, chw42 said:

Because the numbers are obvious that he sucks the third time through. Why chance it almost every time? 

We harp on this in every game thread Keuchel pitches in and more often than not, we're right. You know why? Cause the numbers are glaringly obvious. 

Right.  Everybody knows the numbers.  Our staff knows more about everything than us

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

The same reason it was a big deal when Cody Parkey missed 4 FG's for the Bears in a regular-season game but the Bears still won. 

It was an issue that was overshadowed because of an abundance of talent. But that issue came back to bite them at the worst possible time. 

That's why it's a big deal. 

• Like 1