2021 NFL Season Thread

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lambert has been fulla shit a bunch but I'm still posting it because it's fun to think about. 

That guy is so thirsty and I wish him well but posting any random DM he gets is just too annoying.

To be quite honest I think Davante deserves whatever he gets but that'd be horrible process for the bears.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

That guy is so thirsty and I wish him well but posting any random DM he gets is just too annoying.

To be quite honest I think Davante deserves whatever he gets but that'd be horrible process for the bears.

They need a wideout - so I get it - but paying top dollar for a 29 year old wideout just doesn't make a ton of sense (one who I believe will be 30 at the start of the season).  Calvin Ridley - if you buy into him - now that is something I could get on board (presuming price was right and you had true comfort).  I do think part of the Bears issue is they have an utter lack of blue chip players on the offense.  Mooney is nice, Montgomery is nice, Kmet is nice - none are elite, great or very good (imo).  You need some difference makers there if you are going to have a really good offense and you most certainly need real depth.  

Oline is overpaid - but has some parts that might be interesting (depending on your evals).  It is a tough spot Poles is in.  I really think the biggest question is what does he do with Montgomery (would he trade him for a 3rd rounder), Mack, and Quinn.   Only way you can make noticeable improvements in blue-chip talent on offense is quite frankly by acquiring more chips.  

Would the Falcons have interest in any of the players I mention. ie., could you trade Quinn for Ridley and a decent pick (does that have cap issues)?  I have no earthly idea why Falcons would want a high end, but aging pass rusher though.  

Davonte Adams would certainly be a fun little dream to have. I think the Bears can create about 60ish mill in cap space. Right now DeAndre Hopkins has the highest cap hit among WRs at 25 mill. Let's say Adams costs them 27. That's still 33 mill in cap space. 

Paying Adams top dollar is what you should do when you have the rest of the team in place and are ready to make a serious run at the Super Bowl. Right now, the priority HAS to be OL/DL/DB.

You get a stud OL and teams will have to rush 5 instead of 4 to get to the QB and suddenly the WR who are already there are a lot better at getting open.

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Paying Adams top dollar is what you should do when you have the rest of the team in place and are ready to make a serious run at the Super Bowl. Right now, the priority HAS to be OL/DL/DB.

You get a stud OL and teams will have to rush 5 instead of 4 to get to the QB and suddenly the WR who are already there are a lot better at getting open.

Obviously some of these folks will be extended, but right now 2023 free agents include Tyreek Hill, AJ Brown, Calvin Ridley, Debo Samuel, Marquise Brown. 

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

What Schoen has said is what I wanted Poles to say but he hasn’t. Poles might do it but Schoen sounds like a man with a plan that I have long supported. Take the pain now to position yourself for 23-25. 

All comes down to how Bears handle Mack, Quinn and Montgomery in particular. You could throw Whitehair and the Eddies into that mix as well. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What Schoen has said is what I wanted Poles to say but he hasn’t. Poles might do it but Schoen sounds like a man with a plan that I have long supported. Take the pain now to position yourself for 23-25. 

All comes down to how Bears handle Mack, Quinn and Montgomery in particular. You could throw Whitehair and the Eddies into that mix as well. 

It is a much easier position for Schoen though with 2 first round picks, no mandate on QB, no massive sunk amounts in players you get little back for cutting.

And some GMs are very open about their plans, others aren't. Schoen apparently knew this was a job targeting him for months compared to Poles. 

What kind of compelling offer is going to make the Bears stay in Chicago? This is just some negotiating tactic or desperate attempt. The Bears are moving to Arlington Heights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/city-hall/2022/2/11/22929277/lightfoot-soldier-field-chicago-bears-arlington-heights

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

What kind of compelling offer is going to make the Bears stay in Chicago? This is just some negotiating tactic or desperate attempt. The Bears are moving to Arlington Heights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/city-hall/2022/2/11/22929277/lightfoot-soldier-field-chicago-bears-arlington-heights

You can't fit a modern NFL stadium inside that historic shell. The only way to make it work is to level everything and start over (which I'd be fine with). Maybe you could keep the Western columns and work that into the new design.

49 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

You can't fit a modern NFL stadium inside that historic shell. The only way to make it work is to level everything and start over (which I'd be fine with). Maybe you could keep the Western columns and work that into the new design.

Only if Friends of Their PropertyValues disbands

On 2/8/2022 at 5:37 PM, Chisoxfn said:

They need a wideout - so I get it - but paying top dollar for a 29 year old wideout just doesn't make a ton of sense (one who I believe will be 30 at the start of the season).  Calvin Ridley - if you buy into him - now that is something I could get on board (presuming price was right and you had true comfort).  I do think part of the Bears issue is they have an utter lack of blue chip players on the offense.  Mooney is nice, Montgomery is nice, Kmet is nice - none are elite, great or very good (imo).  You need some difference makers there if you are going to have a really good offense and you most certainly need real depth.  

And even then you could argue Kmet isn't "nice" at all

Oline is overpaid - but has some parts that might be interesting (depending on your evals).  It is a tough spot Poles is in.  I really think the biggest question is what does he do with Montgomery (would he trade him for a 3rd rounder), Mack, and Quinn.   Only way you can make noticeable improvements in blue-chip talent on offense is quite frankly by acquiring more chips.  

The Bears have one lineman who's paid highly and that's Whitehair so I'm not sure how you can say the entire OL is "overpaid."

Would the Falcons have interest in any of the players I mention. ie., could you trade Quinn for Ridley and a decent pick (does that have cap issues)?  I have no earthly idea why Falcons would want a high end, but aging pass rusher though.  

Ridley seems like a good idea if his mental health issues were just "sick and tired of playing for the Falcons" but if they're true mental health problems I'm not trading anything of value for him

(10:55 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Burrow pass short right intended for T.Boyd INTERCEPTED by R.Smith at CHI 47. R.Smith for 53 yards, TOUCHDOWN.C.Santos extra point is GOOD, Center-P.Scales, Holder-P.O'Donnell.

(10:14 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Burrow pass short left intended for T.Higgins INTERCEPTED by Ja.Johnson at CIN 39. Ja.Johnson to CIN 36 for 3 yards (T.Higgins).

(8:06 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Burrow pass short middle intended for T.Boyd INTERCEPTED by A.Blackson (A.Ogletree) [A.Ogletree] at CIN 15. A.Blackson to CIN 9 for 6 yards (J.Mixon; R.Reiff).

Still a little bit hard to believe this guy is in the Super Bowl.