Chisoxfn

2021 NFL Season Thread

24 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

He did something to piss someone off if they brought his up only now after 10 years.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

According to PFT, the nfl was leaking them and we’re going to keep doing it until he was fired

but why now. They've known about them for years.

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

but why now. They've known about them for years.

No they weren’t, they came out of discovery from a workplace misconduct suit against the WFT. They were going through 650k emails in just the last few months.

36 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He did something to piss someone off if they brought his up only now after 10 years.

Weren’t they investigating the Redskins?  Gruden simply got exposed as part of those efforts.

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

No they weren’t, they came out of discovery from a workplace misconduct suit against the WFT. They were going through 650k emails in just the last few months.

I hope we find out whether or not the Raiders knew about this shit before hiring him.

Gruden deserves getting axed that’s for sure but what are the odds the WFT investigation ended up being the nail in his coffin lol I’m sure Davis isn’t too bummed to get out of that albatross contract

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Weren’t they investigating the Redskins?  Gruden simply got exposed as part of those efforts.

He was emailing with Bruce Allen

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He definitely pissed the wrong guy off.  I'm sure we will find out eventually

3 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Well, ya gotta hope that the Bears don't fall behind early. The packers looked extremely ordinary against New Orleans, who chose to run against them. 

OTOH, SF, Pittsburgh, and now Cincy all tried throwing it 35 times or more, and all lost to them. 

I maintain that successfully running the ball keeps Rogers off the field, keeps the defense rested, and keeps Fields upright. We'll see.

This has to be the game plan. 

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

This is always the best option in my opinion too. But as I said, it doesn't work against really good offenses who score quickly.

This. Defense has to make some stops early and offense has to score early. If both of those don’t happen - it turns into a train wreck against the Pack. 

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Myer got caught doing what many athletes do on a weekly basis. The worst thing about the Meyer fiasco to me was that he did that instead of getting on the team plane. If he wants to be a shit husband that is his perogative but the only person he hurts with that decision is him/his family. 

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Myer got caught doing what many athletes do on a weekly basis. The worst thing about the Meyer fiasco to me was that he did that instead of getting on the team plane. If he wants to be a shit husband that is his perogative but the only person he hurts with that decision is him/his family. 

Oh fully agree, but this definitely takes a ton of focus off him

On 10/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, StrangeSox said:

Ptatc please explain how Fields' knee is still in one piece

No kidding. He's lucky it was a straight hyperextension. While that can cause injuries, the worst knee injuries have a rotational component to them. 

Bears are +200 on the money line vs the Packers tomorrow.

That means that if you bet $100 on the Bears, you will lose $100.

• Haha 1

Lmao are you kidding me grant, you are gonna get yourself killed doing that 

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lmao are you kidding me grant, you are gonna get yourself killed doing that 

As you were saying 

Just now, fathom said:

Refs with two awful calls in a row

Yep, missed a defensive offside on GB and a shitty taunting penalty on the Bears D, make it less obvious refs

1 minute ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yep, missed a defensive offside on GB and a shitty taunting penalty on the Bears D, make it less obvious refs

Rodgers was eye gouging Edwards on that play

That missed offsides call is looming large now. Basically changed the momentum of the game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rodgers was eye gouging Edwards on that play

That's why I could never be a coach because I'm having someone take Rodgers' knees out on the next play.