Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

If they’re done then shame on them. But no, I will be shocked if there’s not at least one more significant transaction.

Worst case scenario, I think they'll add underwhelming depth options to the RF mix and rotation. Something like Joc and Greinke on 1 year deals wouldn't surprise me at all.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's possible the Twins and Guardians see the Sox dumpster diving and think the division can be had. 

Joe Kelly isn’t a dumpster dive. Valesquez, yes. Harrison is an ok pickup right now however if he has a really good year, than it was worth the gamble and it turns into an excellent pickup. He’s also a two time all-star.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's possible the Twins and Guardians see the Sox dumpster diving and think the division can be had. 

Did the White Sox have a fire sale and no one told us?  Cuz, I mean, there are delusions and then there’s whatever you’re smoking…

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Did the White Sox have a fire sale and no one told us?  Cuz, I mean, there are delusions and then there’s whatever you’re smoking…

There are 6 AL playoff teams. Both of those franchises could win 86 games and challenge for them. Both made the playoffs in 2020.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Does anyone seriously think that this team is better than the one that got their asses kicked by Houston last October? 

The only argument is that a healthy Eloy/Robert would win more games. 

Any injuries to important pitchers and suddenly you're throwing Lopez and Velasquez out there. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

There are 6 AL playoff teams. Both of those franchises could win 86 games and challenge for them. Both made the playoffs in 2020.

A playoff spot =|= challenging for the division.  Come on now. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Does anyone seriously think that this team is better than the one that got their asses kicked by Houston last October? 

Just save your hourly Sox meltdowns for when all the free agents sign elsewhere.  No one knows anything right now 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

The team that got their asses kicked in October ran away with the division and lazily coasted into the post season.  Did I miss where Minny and Cleve got significantly better?  Sox aren’t fighting with Houston for the AL Central here, get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There is a handful of young players who can realistically produce a lot better this year, just due to experience. If they all improve concurrently this will be a significantly better a team. The bullpen has potential to be outstanding. The offseason isn't over. Most teams seem reticent to make big impact moves, not just the Sox.

• Like 1