4/4- Sox at Cubs, 3:05, Marquee

flavum

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yikes, Moncada.  About time to wake up.  At least Jimenez looks nothing like his 2021 post injury form, and Robert playing like an MBP favorite already.

His head is just flying off every pitch when he’s batting lefty. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

His head is just flying off every pitch when he’s batting lefty. 

It's definitely to the point where I'm a little concerned. There has been shown to be *some* predictiveness of ST stats once you start getting into extreme performance in either direction, particularly with changes in strikeout rate.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's definitely to the point where I'm a little concerned. There has been shown to be *some* predictiveness of ST stats once you start getting into extreme performance in either direction, particularly with changes in strikeout rate.

Yeah this is less about results and more about his swings. 

Just now, fathom said:

I’ve said it a few times the past five days but the Sox overall pitching is in a dire spot right now.

It would have been so easy to build up *better* depth on the 40 man or big league roster, but that's just not how Hahn/KW choose to build their teams

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Jose Ruiz is somewhere around our 10th best reliever.  He is a great extra arm to have around at the very end of the bullpen.  No we don't want him to pitch the 8th inning or anything, but he is fine for what he is.

Hendriks, Graveman, Bummer and ......

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think Ruiz's ERA last year was a total mirage, but I'm surprised how little good will 65 innings with a 3.05 ERA bought him

I think he was put in the right situations to succeed. Hendriks, Bummer, Graveman, and eventually Kelly will all be head of him. I'm not too worried if he's the guy pitching in the 5th or 6th.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I’ve said it a few times the past five days but the Sox overall pitching is in a dire spot right now.

That’s the problem when you have zero depth.  We really got to hope Crick’s AAA rebound translates to the majors and that one of the other young arms can step up.  And that’s just the bullpen, far less chances for breakout performances with the rotation depth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Jose Ruiz is somewhere around our 10th best reliever.  He is a great extra arm to have around at the very end of the bullpen.  No we don't want him to pitch the 8th inning or anything, but he is fine for what he is.

The problem is he’s a guy who should be bouncing between AAA and the majors as injuries occur but the lack of the options prevents that.

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Would you rather have a potent offense and shit rotation or a stellar rotation and poor offense. Discuss. 

Indians damn near won a World Series with like 2 good hitters and a sick pitching staff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The problem is he’s a guy who should be bouncing between AAA and the majors as injuries occur but the lack of the options prevents that.

They should have been targeting teams with 40 man roster crunches to add another pitcher or 2 with options left. Wouldn't have taken much.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

They should have been targeting teams with 40 man roster crunches to add another pitcher or 2 with options left. Wouldn't have taken much.

I mean, they should be trading Adolfo to a rebuilding club for a semi-interesting reliever with a single option left.  Any way to add reinforcements in AAA would be helpful.

• Like 1