Crosstown Series Game One--6:40 CT

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

People talk too much shit about Florida. Trust me. As someone that has lived in cold wet places all my life I was down there for about two weeks in late october and it was heaven on earth. they get great weather, just not in summer.

The problem with Florida isn't the weather, it's the inhabitants. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

People talk too much shit about Florida. Trust me. As someone that has lived in cold wet places all my life I was down there for about two weeks in late october and it was heaven on earth. they get great weather, just not in summer.

We used to go down to Marco Island every winter pre-Covid. The weather is fantastic almost all year - I don't even mind summer. Heat, humidity and rain are way better to me than cold and dark.

• Like 2

Just now, almagest said:

We used to go down to Marco Island every winter pre-Covid. The weather is fantastic almost all year - I don't even mind summer. Heat, humidity and rain are way better to me than cold and dark.

I'd rather live in Minnesota than Florida or Arizona 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. I melt at temperatures over 80 degrees. 

Just now, almagest said:

I don't mind winter and snow, but have a reason. All we could do in Chicago is pile up the snow and watch it melt. 

Just now, Texsox said:

I don't mind winter and snow, but have a reason. All we could do in Chicago is pile up the snow and watch it melt. 

I don't mind snow either. Just hate the lack of sunlight and anytime its below 20 degrees.

We're 80+ at bats into the season and Tim Anderson's K Rate is 12.6%. It normalizes and becomes predictive at about 50 PA's, so this is pretty sustainable and pretty incredible for a guy who is hitting the ball with a lot of authority too. Tim could be on pace for a 30 homer, 40 double pace with 20 steals. Pretty great year. 6-7 fWAR. If the defense returns to normal and he gets out of that funk, maybe 8 WAR. 

let's go!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'd rather live in Minnesota than Florida or Arizona 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. I melt at temperatures over 80 degrees. 

For once we agree on something. This is me 100%.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

We're 80+ at bats into the season and Tim Anderson's K Rate is 12.6%. It normalizes and becomes predictive at about 50 PA's, so this is pretty sustainable and pretty incredible for a guy who is hitting the ball with a lot of authority too. Tim could be on pace for a 30 homer, 40 double pace with 20 steals. Pretty great year. 6-7 fWAR. If the defense returns to normal and he gets out of that funk, maybe 8 WAR. 

let's go!

Find a baseball site to post that. We're talking weather here. 

• Haha 3