GT 5/14: Yankees @ SOX, 6:10 pm CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

Just now, shago said:

Grandal, the biggest signing of the Sox FO heading into the 'talent wave'  . . . says it all

Suck scale Reinsdorf > Hahn > Grandal

Eh, I have zero issue with the Grandal signing 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And got their money worth for one short season from Keuchel.  Hahn has always been bad with pro scouting.

I agree with your larger point, but I don't think it's a given by any means that Grandal is washed. It might just be a slump.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I agree with your larger point, but I don't think it's a given by any means that Grandal is washed. It might just be a slump.

But he loses a lot of value if he’s only catching 60 pct of the games. 

1 minute ago, shago said:

Really? I'd rather have Ron Karkovice

We went out and signed the top FA catcher on the market and we got a 112 and 157 OPS+ the last two years. Would have preferred his leg didn't fall off, but a top offensive catcher - one of the few players on our team that draws walks, I really don't regret it and shudder to think how we try to replace him in a couple years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

We could release Harrison tomorrow and bring up Yolbert and it would be just fine

I think we're all on board with that, but Yolbert has basically the same profile as Harrison. Probably even less power given what Yolbert has shown in AA/AAA this year.