Who should Sox fear the most, CLE or Minny?

caulfield12

Who should Sox fear?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose just one

• Twins
    • Guardians
    • Ourselves…JR Hahn TLR, injuries/out of position players, training group, etc.
    • Nobody, KW Old School…the only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Rather than fearing either team specifically, they should be far more worried about the fact that 2 teams are in front of them for the division and 3 are in front of them for the final wild card. That worries me more than either team - even if they play well the rest of the way, it may well not be enough.

59 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

They don’t have the right to fear other teams. They need to look themselves square in the eyes and start making real changes. 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/?ref=trending-pages

It should tell you something when you're running the 7th largest payroll whereas the Twins are 18th and Guardians 28th and more than $100 million less.

Yet those same two teams can afford a massive Jose Ramirez extension, Buxton (19th homer tonight), Correa, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Rather than fearing either team specifically, they should be far more worried about the fact that 2 teams are in front of them for the division and 3 are in front of them for the final wild card. That worries me more than either team - even if they play well the rest of the way, it may well not be enough.

That and the fact they've shown little to no inclination towards beating the Twins and Guardians head to head...yet we are supposed to believe they can magically just flip the switch at some point in the indeterminate future.

That works fine with Detroit and maybe KC, but not so much the elite franchises of the sport.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

https://www.mlb.com/news/anthony-gose-returns-to-detroit-as-opponent-pitcher

Anthony Gose, who used to be a Blue Jays CFer and former first round pick, retired Lux, Turner and Freeman consecutively to save the game for the Guardians after a huge error in RF and Dodgers were in position for the win at Chavez Ravine.

Additionally, Quantrill, Miller, Reyes, Naylor, Hedges, De Los Santos used to belong to a team that shall not be named.

Edited by caulfield12

Looks like the Sox could pull to within 2 and 4 games back with a victory and LAD breaking the 2-2 tie against CLE.

Guardians have played them to a draw for the series, really impressive with Jose Ramirez out these last two due to a bruised thumb.  Not on the IL yet.

Eddie Alvarez just scored on a Treat Turner single, 3-2 in 7th.

Edited by caulfield12

https://t.e2ma.net/click/rs5nv7b/jysj9gw/jmnjga9

Plan to rest Buxton intermittently working…

Guess we want the Indians to take 2/3 on the road, leaving both tied at +7.  Looking at the pitching matchups, no Bieber, playing at home and possible absence of Ramirez, you’d predict 2/3 to Twins and a 2 game lead at +9.  But the Guardians are playing ultra confidently at the moment.

Civale vs. Ryan

McKenzie vs. Gray

Plesac vs. Smeltzer

Bright lights, big city

Well, the Guardians certainly didn’t get stage fright over the weekend.

In taking two out of three games from the Dodgers, they played in front of 151,472 fans at Dodger Stadium. That’s almost 50% of what the Guardians have drawn at Progressive Field in 22 games this season.

The three-game breakdown went like this: 48,361, 50,078 and 53,033. You couldn’t fit 50,000 fans into shrunken Progressive Field. Max attendance is about 35,000.

The attendance and a regional TV contract that pays them over $300 million a year are two of the reasons why the Dodgers can afford a $260 million payroll. The Guardians’ regional TV deal is worth an estimted $40 million a year.

“It was really cool to start here,” said Shane Bieber, Sunday’s starter. “It’s a great atmosphere. The whole weekend series was big. It was just a ton of fun.

https://www.cleveland.com/guardians/2022/06/jose-ramirez-will-test-bruised-thumb-before-tuesdays-series-opener-guardians-takeaways.html

Edited by caulfield12

I am not too concerned about Cleveland.  Though I'd love to see them pound the Twins next few days.  

Realistically though, the Sox can't really worry too much about other teams until the put .500 and below in the rearview mirror for good.  

Edited by ChiSox59
name change always gets me; switched before I get called names

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am not too concerned about Cleveland.  Though I'd love to see them pound the Twins next few days.  

Realistically though, the Sox can't really worry too much about other teams until the put .500 and below in the rearview mirror for good.  

Cleveland's schedule is rough these next 2 weeks. I think you'd rather see them win than Minnesota. 

15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hey I always know when I read your threads I will learn something I didn't need to know 

When have you ever started a thread recently?

You seem to enjoy criticizing, but that’s fairly easy now, isn’t it?   Hopefully it provides you a modicum of enjoyment.

Edited by caulfield12