Is it Me

Butter Parque

I don't know what it is but since the Cleveland series, Shingo has looked more hitable then he has been,

Yes.

He had 2 scoreless innings against the Injuns, but you could see Vizquel, Hefner and Gerut putting some quality swings on the ball - all 3 outs were hit hard at somebody. Then Belliard hit a missile the next inning and another walked.

However, today he just f***ed himself over by being a pussy and not challenging Martinez. His control was off and he paid for it.

This isn't about losing the game, even if we would have ended up winning this in the 10th inning, I still thought that Shing has been more hittable as of late.

But you wouldn't have made this thread. Shingo will be fine for the first time all season his control just wasn't there. Unfortunately things like this happen but he'll be fine.

Figuring Shingo out? He faced the Cubs twice. This is ridiculous. Shingo has been a hell of a pitcher all year for us, except in the very beginning. Tonight he didn't throw strikes when they counted, and got behind in the count against Alou. Much of his success has been due to getting ahead of hitters and making them commit to his change, or at least respect it more, which he usually throws for strikes as well, but not tonight. I'm not ragging on him, it happens. I'm not prepared to use tonight as an example of his downfall. He just didn't throw strikes tonight and it cost him.

P.S. Torre is a complete f***ing moron.

That first inning, he was nasty as usual.

They were swinging at the slow stuff.

That second inning he fell behind in the count. Right?

Yeah, after pitching well in the 8th, he looked very tired and deliberate in the 9th.

I wonder if he is getting overworked. :huh

Shingo is going to be fine. Did you see how bad he made Sammy look? That massive difference in speed is going to save him. He has to throw strikes though, otherwise they can wait for that fastball. Still not that easy to hit, that sucker has a ton of movement.

shingo has closed out games in japan for years...it the closest league to mlb..im sure he faced ichiro and the matsus over there..and other who have their abilities and he got them out consistently for what 15 years??...if teams are figuring out his patterns he is smart enough to change

shingo has closed out games in japan for years...it the closest league to mlb..im sure he faced ichiro and the matsus over there..and other who have their abilities and he got them out consistently for what 15 years??...if teams are figuring out his patterns he is smart enough to change

People who get on this guy are just crazy in my opinion. If we did not have him are bullpen would be a total hell, even more so then now.

But you wouldn't have made this thread.  Shingo will be fine for the first time all season his control just wasn't there.  Unfortunately things like this happen but he'll be fine.

It's amazing how as soon as he gives up a couple of runs this nonsense starts.

He was fine his first inning of work. His control was a little off that second inning, which could be an indication of fatigue. He has averaged only 42 innings of work the last 6 seasons in Japan. His appearances and innings have been about the same during that time. He is used to working 1 inning at a time. He is bound to give up some hits and walks, afterall, these are the greatest hitters in the world. If I were Ozzie, I would work him 1 inning at a time. I wouldn't throw him in there when there is a 4 run lead and nobody on in the 9th, like he did twice last week, he's going to need this guy for a few more months.

:notworthy :headbang

Shingo will not be perfect all the time. Im just glad we dont have Koch anymore because we would have seen 10 more games like this with him compared to 1 by shingo! He just needs to adjust to the hitters and improve more.

Shingo will not be perfect all the time. Im just glad we dont have Koch anymore because we would have seen 10 more games like this with him compared to 1 by shingo! He just needs to adjust to the hitters and improve more.

we should ban the name "koch" from ever being written on these boards again...baaaad karma :D