Opening Day: White Sox vs. Indians, 4/2/07 (L)

Steve9347

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
GD it Steve, I was gonna wait a bit more before I started the official thread. Now the onus is on you!! If we lose tomorrow, you get a 7 day "No starting gamethreads" hiatus!!

I have every bit of confidence that we'll be the winners tomorrow... the Sox just click on Opening Day!

I think I may start something like that for the 2007 season. Seeing as I'm the one thats pretty anal about how the Gamethreads are archived, etc, I think it would be a fun thing....lets see how this sounds to folks:

Gamethread starters:

7 game 'suspension' on starting the thread if we lose when you start.

The train keeps a rollin' if we win when you start.

It'll keep things fun, and I'll be the one that keeps up with it so no strain on anyone else.

Thoughts?

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
I think I may start something like that for the 2007 season. Seeing as I'm the one thats pretty anal about how the Gamethreads are archived, etc, I think it would be a fun thing....lets see how this sounds to folks:

Gamethread starters:

It'll keep things fun, and I'll be the one that keeps up with it so no strain on anyone else.

Thoughts?

I like it. I think it's your ship to run here anyway. Hopefully I'll be starting Wednesday's thread as well, now!

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)

Gamethread starters:

Thoughts?

I hope Steve is a busy man this year. :D

:gosoxretro: :headbang

Here are the 8 keys to victory.

1.) DO NOT PITCH TO HAFNER. ROLL IT ON THE GROUND IF NEED BE.

2.) Get into their craptacular pen of misery. Roberto Hernandez and Joe Borowski are exciting.

3.) DO NOT PITCH TO HAFNER. I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE THE f***ING MANAGER.

4.) Our starters do not need to pitch a complete game. If you feel that they are tiring. Please by all means take them out, and that is not when they have thrown 110 pitches and have the bases loaded.

5.) YOU DONT NEED TO STEAL OR BUNT ON EVERY f***ING PLAY.

6.) Mr. Shines, meet Mr. Cora, dont do what he did last year.

7.) Contreras throw strikes.

8.) Ozzie dont get appendage happy late in the game. Keep the magic 8 ball at home.

How come Travis Hafner can hit lefties and our lefties cannot hit lefties?

Just take it the other way, guys.

Memo to Thome: You don't need to try to hit 50 hrs this year. When batting against

lefties defy the shift and dribble some singles.

AJ: Bat on ball, baby. Bat on ball. Go with the pitch Pods.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
We'll win tomorrow, and then a thread will be started dreading the fact we got rid of Freddy Garcia despite the fact he showed no signs of decline.

I hope you're not the one to start that thread, and I don't get how that thread happens tomorrow when Freddy wouldn't be pitching Opening Day if he were on the Sox and he's not doing so for the Phillies.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Opening Day Lineup:

LF-Ozuna

CF-Erstad

DH-Thome

1B-Konerko

RF-Dye

3B-Crede

2B-Iguchi

C-Pierzynski

SS-Uribe

Not too shabby.

Switch Gooch and Erstad, but yea that is about as good as we are going to get. :gosox1: :gosox3:

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Opening Day Lineup:

LF-Ozuna

CF-Erstad

DH-Thome

1B-Konerko

RF-Dye

3B-Crede

2B-Iguchi

C-Pierzynski

SS-Uribe

Not too shabby.

Put Anderson in CF and move Iguchi to the 2nd spot and I am happy. Like other posters have mentioned, do not pitch to Hafner. Martinez is a good hitter, so is Sizemore, but Hafner is an elite hitter. Pitch around him, he clogs the base paths and always seems to kill us when he hits. Unless you are left-handed, you shall not give Travis Hafner a pitch near the srtike zone.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Put Anderson in CF and move Iguchi to the 2nd spot and I am happy. Like other posters have mentioned, do not pitch to Hafner. Martinez is a good hitter, so is Sizemore, but Hafner is an elite hitter. Pitch around him, he clogs the base paths and always seems to kill us when he hits. Unless you are left-handed, you shall not give Travis Hafner a pitch near the srtike zone.

Well it's the official one, so unfortunately for us, that's how it goes.

Well, I won't be able to watch the game live and wont get home until about 5:30, but I will be tivoing the game. Hopefully some a-hole doesn't blow the score/result for me.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
Here are the 8 keys to victory.

1.) DO NOT PITCH TO HAFNER. ROLL IT ON THE GROUND IF NEED BE.

2.) Get into their craptacular pen of misery. Roberto Hernandez and Joe Borowski are exciting.

3.) DO NOT PITCH TO HAFNER. I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE THE f***ING MANAGER.

4.) Our starters do not need to pitch a complete game. If you feel that they are tiring. Please by all means take them out, and that is not when they have thrown 110 pitches and have the bases loaded.

5.) YOU DONT NEED TO STEAL OR BUNT ON EVERY f***ING PLAY.

6.) Mr. Shines, meet Mr. Cora, dont do what he did last year.

7.) Contreras throw strikes.

8.) Ozzie dont get appendage happy late in the game. Keep the magic 8 ball at home.

what about Hafner?