2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
No reason for Ozzie to state this in the media.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjrV...p&type=lgns

I was just reading the article about that on the Sox site. Even if the guy does have a vendetta, I don't think any good can come out of talking about it.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
I was just reading the article about that on the Sox site. Even if the guy does have a vendetta, I don't think any good can come out of talking about it.

You don't think that the MLB keeps an eye on these sorts of things and takes steps to try to avoid hearing these statements out there?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
You don't think that the MLB keeps an eye on these sorts of things and takes steps to try to avoid hearing these statements out there?

I'm guessing Oz will be deducting from his $100,000 set aside . . .

QUOTE (Texsox @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 08:06 AM)
I'm guessing Oz will be deducting from his $100,000 set aside . . .

Still, the next time that same ump ejects him...don't you think MLB's going to at least start taking a closer look? Especially after the NBA's last offseason, I'll guarantee you the MLB doesn't want their umps putting themselves in a situation where people start thinking they're going after specific teams for personal reasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
Dante Bichette

Harkening back to the days of Nintendo's Bases Loaded, Quentin's a right handed Oko. He was always my best hitter but all the other team had to do was hit him with a pitch and he'd charge the mound and get ejected.

Is there any group of fans that feels positively about other groups? Every Tiger fan on their board today talks about how awful us Sox fans are, how terrible we treat them and how terrible chicago is. I feel the exact same about them. I have yet to meet a nice gracious intelligent Tigers fan at one of our games, and I dont know how anyone from Detroit could ever say anything negative about another city unless its Newark.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
Is there any group of fans that feels positively about other groups? Every Tiger fan on their board today talks about how awful us Sox fans are, how terrible we treat them and how terrible chicago is. I feel the exact same about them. I have yet to meet a nice gracious intelligent Tigers fan at one of our games, and I dont know how anyone from Detroit could ever say anything negative about another city unless its Newark.

I've read the motown tigers board before. A lot of the B.S. about Chicago and its fans comes from a couple specific posters, one who is a Twins fan (and who used to post, and still may, on WSI) who is just a loser extraordinaire. Most of the posters over there seemed pretty reasonable.

In our division, I can say I've never seen problematic Twins or Royals fans in the stands of The Cell. Heck even on Bat-Girl's old site, they made fun of the Sox, but it was rarely anything beyond joking around.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
He mentioned his Republicanism?

Yeah, he was going on about how Chicago was the best city in the world, and added that although he was a Republican they had the best mayor in the world.