Wise to DL with Separated Shoulder/Anderson to Start in CF

Jimmywins1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Brian Anderson's voodoo worked....MERCY!!!!

I don't wish injury on anyone, but this is a Christmas miracle. This forces Ozzie to play BA and KW's hand to get a CF (maybe).

Anyone else see Ozzie playing L'Bridge in CF?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
You'll definately see Lillibridge get some time in CF. Will the Sox bring Owens up, I'd assume so, but maybe not.

The only LH hitting OF on the Sox 40 man roster is Wise. The Sox have a couple of slots open on it, but they'd have to put Owens back on the 40 man to bring him up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
The only LH hitting OF on the Sox 40 man roster is Wise. The Sox have a couple of slots open on it, but they'd have to put Owens back on the 40 man to bring him up.

pretty much anyone they bring up will have to be added to the 40 man, unless they bring up another IF and have lillibridge concentrate on CF...which i could see especially if nix comes back maybe?

3 choices....Owens, Kroeger or Miguel Negron.

All three are lefties.

Kroeger can't play CF, but he had the most consistent spring training of any of our hitters that didn't make the team. He can also play LF, RF and 1B...about as well as Wilson Betemit plays 2B/SS.

Negron has the most natural ability and is a better CFer than Owens, but he's very raw/inexperienced in many facets, even though he is older.

You have to guess they'll bring up Owens, simply because Getz and Lillibridge have been so-so leading off so far, and that's a lot of pressure on both those youngsters without any back-up.

Why oh, why, KW...didn't you trade a B/C prospect for Josh Anderson???

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
Not sure if this has been posted in the game thread, but I heard he'd be out 6 weeks...

if that is the truth this could be the end of his career here in a sox uniform. I would think someone would step up between now and two months from now.