NBA playoffs thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
I love the Bulls, but I say it's Cavs in 5. The Bulls will steal at least one of these games.

Cavs in 5 or 6. They did split the season series and one of those losses was without Noah.

If the Bulls want to land LeBron, it couldn't hurt to try and make this a good series.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
If the Bulls want to land LeBron, it couldn't hurt to try and make this a good series.

Not only him, but other guys (Bosh will be watching at home) I got Cavs in five (Rose will not have it be a sweep), though I think Noah will carry it to six.

Cavs in 6. Bulls play them really close however. The key to the series IMO is Deng. Rose is gonna get his. Noah is gonna do his thing. But if Deng can limit LeBron to 30 points, I think we make it a terrific series. You just can't let LeBron go off for 45 points or something crazy.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
Cavs in 6. Bulls play them really close however. The key to the series IMO is Deng. Rose is gonna get his. Noah is gonna do his thing. But if Deng can limit LeBron to 30 points, I think we make it a terrific series. You just can't let LeBron go off for 45 points or something crazy.

See, I think this kind of thinking is wrong in this situation. Just like you said about Rose, LeBron is going to get his. You have to make sure Mo and Delonte and Varejao and Shaq and Big Z dont go off. Thats where things go wrong, when guys like Delonte West are scoring 20+ points.

Cavs in 5. Thinking back to last year, that playoffs series was so huge to the growth of both Joakim and Derrick. Hopefully we can have the same sort of step forward from Taj and JJ. That is what matters to me in this series... we need to look like we are on the verge.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
Cavs in 5. Thinking back to last year, that playoffs series was so huge to the growth of both Joakim and Derrick. Hopefully we can have the same sort of step forward from Taj and JJ. That is what matters to me in this series... we need to look like we are on the verge.

Can you really do that when you get knocked off in the first round?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)

I doubt JJ gets more than a couple minutes a game if that, which is a shame because I think Vinny underates his talent and what he can do on the court.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
I doubt JJ gets more than a couple minutes a game if that, which is a shame because I think Vinny underates his talent and what he can do on the court.

I actually tihnk VDN has done a decent job managing JJ. He was doing quite well in Deng's place until he went down with his own injury. It sounds like JJ was dealing with a lot of maturity issues too, and did come around until later in the year.