How many times have you been banned at WSI?

kitekrazy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got banned 3 or 4 times during 2007. It started getting old after a while because it wasn't like I was flagrantly breaking the rules and never once did a mod actually tell me what rule I was breaking/give me a chance to stop first. I would just log in and see that I was banned.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)
I got banned 3 or 4 times during 2007. It started getting old after a while because it wasn't like I was flagrantly breaking the rules and never once did a mod actually tell me what rule I was breaking/give me a chance to stop first. I would just log in and see that I was banned.

No warnings or delete posts either. It's seems moderation is very inconsistent. I was banned for 6 months recently and I consider this forum as home now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
You obviously just started posting here.

You are on a roll lately...

... and i love it.

I think you need to go in the chat more often. Great times. You will get angry. You will get depressed. In the end though, it's more laid back than then game thread could ever be. Pretty darn good discussion in there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
Glad I discovered this place long before I even knew about WSI actually. Some of the ban stories from old threads here posters told were mind-boggling.

I was on WSI for five minutes while I was looking for a Sox form during the Peavy rumor.

Glad I found SoxTalk.

Amazing to me, I was never banned there even after posting that George was being dumb in a proclamation. Basically in 2005 as the team was cratering, a few people got out of hand about the team will not make the playoffs. He responded by threatening to ban them if the team made the playoffs. I told him he had it backwards, that they should be banned if the team did miss the playoffs, who wants their "I told you so" at that moment. About 6 or 7 people jumped in wondering how fast until I was banned. lol. It has been about 4 years since I've even looked at their site.

I got suspended/banned over there once. Best part? It was because of something I supposedly did on a different board.

Back in 2005 or 2006, I would post occasionally on the Detroit Tigers board (motown sports). One of the DET fans asked me about the various Sox boards. I described WSI and SoxTalk to him, in what I thought were fair terms, showing the good and bad of each board. I did recommend SoxTalk over WSI overall.

There was a poster there named Timberwolf, who was a Twins fan, and he also apparently posted on WSI. On the DET board, he would just continuously rail on Chicago. Not just the Sox, but the city, its fans, everything. So he sees this post, cuts and pastes select parts of it, and sends them to the Mods at WSI. They then ban me for supposedly disparaging their site.

Anyway, I talked to their mods about it, and was allowed back on. I do still post there occasionally. I personally think their moderating is a bit too stringent, but as Critic said, its apples and oranges. They just have different styles, and both can be great for different reasons.

The only time I ever went to that site was when this one went down and I didn't know what was going on. I knew a few people from here posted there, so I signed up to see if I could IM anyone. Really haven't been back since. I'm loyal to this place and there really can't be anything they offer that soxtalk doesn't. This place has it all, highly intelligent posters, jump off the cliff posters, hang on the fence posters, logical and illogical posters and my personal favorite...Soxtopian posters...it's a perfect blend. Not to mention the Sports Pub, Future Sox, SLAM, Fillibuster....

To each his own, but I certainly don't see this place as a backup plan to WSI.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 09:19 AM)
The only time I ever went to that site was when this one went down and I didn't know what was going on. I knew a few people from here posted there, so I signed up to see if I could IM anyone. Really haven't been back since. I'm loyal to this place and there really can't be anything they offer that soxtalk doesn't. This place has it all, highly intelligent posters, jump off the cliff posters, hang on the fence posters, logical and illogical posters and my personal favorite...Soxtopian posters...it's a perfect blend. Not to mention the Sports Pub, Future Sox, SLAM, Fillibuster....

To each his own, but I certainly don't see this place as a backup plan to WSI.

The nice thing is that now we have the facebook page as a back up in a worst case scenario.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
I was permanently banned within days of first signing up, allegedly for having multiple user names. Not true. :huh

That happened to me. They fixed it when I asked them to show me the evidence.

I was banned there once (for being a "dark cloud"). I was a regular there and didn't know about Soxtalk. It got to where I couldn't stand the nazi-like way that place was run and I thought there must be another Sox message board.