Realistic Adam Dunn expectations

DOWNTOWN PANTHER

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DOWNTOWN PANTHER @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
Dont take my word for it. Check in with me at about midseason and let me know then.

You guys dont have to shoot the messanger here.

Alos, for the person comparing Adam Dunn to Reggie Jackson. Relax!!

Wow. Downtown Panther was right. He said Dunn would be a waste and voila, a waste.

Dunn is hitting .333 as a pinch hitter! His new role. I've discovered it.

Over his last 29 at bats in 8 games, he has two hits, both in the same game. He has 16 strikeouts in the 29 at bats. two walks.

However, prior to that he was 5 for 17 over six games with two homers and six ribbies. That was an encouraging six-game stretch before this current misery.

I really didn't remember so many people being opposed to the Dunn signing. I guess we can no longer say, "Well, everybody loved it at the time." I blame all this on Adam. I destroyed Humber during the offseason and for now I look like a fool. I stroked the s*** out of Dunn and he's betrayed me. Nobody outside of Kalapse was more stoked about getting Dunn. One of my fantasy teams is named Adam Dunn. Yes, I get an A for creativity. Ok, not really.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
I really didn't remember so many people being opposed to the Dunn signing. I guess we can no longer say, "Well, everybody loved it at the time." I blame all this on Adam. I destroyed Humber during the offseason and for now I look like a fool. I stroked the s*** out of Dunn and he's betrayed me. Nobody outside of Kalapse was more stoked about getting Dunn. One of my fantasy teams is named Adam Dunn. Yes, I get an A for creativity. Ok, not really.

Mine is Out like Adam Dunns Appendix.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 08:14 AM)
Boy you really like to gloat. Didn't get much attention growing up or what?

If you disagree with my post then tell me why I'm wrong. If not, then move along.

I didnt call anyone out or say anything negative about anyone. Relax. I dont come on here to fight or argue. If you're going to respond with something negative.. Dont bother. I wont respond to it. I enjoy the board and chime in from time to time.

QUOTE (DOWNTOWN PANTHER @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 07:20 AM)
If you disagree with my post then tell me why I'm wrong. If not, then move along.

I didnt call anyone out or say anything negative about anyone. Relax. I dont come on here to fight or argue. If you're going to respond with something negative.. Dont bother. I wont respond to it. I enjoy the board and chime in from time to time.

Yeah, you are full of it. You did respond, and you did come here to call people out. Twice now.

Ok, seriously... if Adam Dunn's OPS was at .900 right now (AKA basically the exact same stats he's had almost every year since he's been in the majors) would anyone be saying "I told you so?" Whoever told you they KNEW he was going to be hitting .171 with 7 home runs is just lying. (Before anyone responds to that last statement and points to this thread - check and see what the OP actually said beforehand.)

QUOTE (DOWNTOWN PANTHER @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
The season is half way through. I think that the Adam Dunn experiment can be called a failure to this point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)

1.) Captain Obvious on that one.

2.) You know you can change the names of teams in fantasy baseball at any time? I'd change the team name of Adam Dunn to Phil Humber.

Interleague play is ova. Back to normal sked with Sox facing lefty tonight. Will Ozzie change in second half? In other words, will he play Dunn at DH as if the first half made no impression on him?

"I promise you it’s a way better feeling that way than the other way," Dunn said. "I appreciate them, especially tonight, sticking with it. The thing about the fans, they boo and stuff because they want to see the team and me personally do so well. That’s how I’ve been looking at it. It makes it more special when they cheer like that.”

Dunn admitted that some hitless games were rougher than others.

“You sit there, and it seems like I went on a stretch of so many different things, just hopefully something to spark something and feel something, but it didn’t work," Dunn said. "(Sunday) felt good, and today felt good, so hopefully it’s a start."

www.chicagotribune.com/sports

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 02:42 AM)
"I promise you it’s a way better feeling that way than the other way," Dunn said. "I appreciate them, especially tonight, sticking with it. The thing about the fans, they boo and stuff because they want to see the team and me personally do so well. That’s how I’ve been looking at it. It makes it more special when they cheer like that.”

We enjoyed that cheer.

Especially making sure we brought him back out for the curtain call.