April 11th Game Thread White Sox versus Athletics

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
It wasn't exactly routine. There was wind taking it towards the stands. You see the ball Suzuki dropped in foul territory? The wind was making the ball drift tonight. Still, there's no freaking excuse for missing that ball.

Comparing a fly ball with a high arc to an OF to a straight up foul ball to a catcher is not a good comparison. Every OF makes that catch. That's now 2 drops. Time for Pierre to get his head out of his ass.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Well, that supports those that think pulling him was the wrong decision.

Pretty much. He has no credibility whatsoever. The Sox have never made an incorrect move in their history according to Pink Fuzzy Bunny. I said in chat that there was no reason to pull Mark at 91 f***ing pitches. 91 pitches for him is like 130 for Justin Verlander.

Yahoo says it was 99. Still. I would've started him for the 9th.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 03:06 AM)
He's playing the "Have to protect his arm" card.

f***ing apologist mouthpiece.

Ugh, he's such an idiot. The sad thing is that the casual Sox fan listens to him. Does that mean he was mad that Jackson threw 120 pitches on Thursday?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
It wasn't exactly routine. There was wind taking it towards the stands. You see the ball Suzuki dropped in foul territory? The wind was making the ball drift tonight. Still, there's no freaking excuse for missing that ball.

No excuses JP is in a no doubles defense make the play.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Guillen just said that the ball that Pierre dropped wasn't easy because there is a wall near him. Yeah that's some awesome logic there. Lmao

This year's Kotsay, get used to it, he ain't goin nowhere

FYI you kids who think Rongey is being an apologist, Ozzie said in the post-game that he wasn't going to let Mark pitch because he has to protect him this year and the decision was made this spring.

Food for thought

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
He's playing the "Have to protect his arm" card.

f***ing apologist mouthpiece.

Buehrle goes out there, gets three outs on 12 pitches, and we all go home happy.

Dude is unlistenable.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 03:22 AM)
FYI you kids who think Rongey is being an apologist, Ozzie said in the post-game that he wasn't going to let Mark pitch because he has to protect him this year and the decision was made this spring.

Well, that's going to pay off when Ozzie's in Florida next year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
Well, that's going to pay off when Ozzie's in Florida next year.

What does what you just said have to do with Rongey being an apologist? Just trying to put 2 & 2 together here.

Rongey was calling it the right move before he even heard Ozzie make his comments.

He said "Pierre would have dropped the ball if Buehrle was out there".

Buehrle would have thrown a pop up or a groundout!

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
Rongey was calling it the right move before he even heard Ozzie make his comments.

He said "Pierre would have dropped the ball if Buehrle was out there".

Buehrle would have thrown a pop up or a groundout!

Ranger, Hawk, Merkin. Ignore them at all costs.

When we're 3 back with a week left in the season, these blown saves, will matter.

Ask the Hawks how may points they left on the table earlier in the year.

The problem is the confidence is not there. With every blow save, the questions become louder.

English m'fer, do you speak it?

Yeah, I speak it. Apparently Ozzie doesn't (hardy har har). Seriously, I couldn't get a concrete idea WTF he was talking about; didn't sound sensible. What was "decided in Spring training?" That he wouldn't exceed the 8th inning? I mean...???

I woulda rather had Buehrle out in the 9th too (i said it in this thread) but if Ozzie said earlier this year that they were gonna start protecting Buehrle's arm from 100+ pitch outings then whatever, that's something they think they need to do

Pierre and Thornton combined are killing this teams chances to win in the 9th inning

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
Yeah, I speak it. Apparently Ozzie doesn't (hardy har har). Seriously, I couldn't get a concrete idea WTF he was talking about; didn't sound sensible. What was "decided in Spring training?" That he wouldn't exceed the 8th inning? I mean...???

lol

Ozzie decided in spring training (made the decision during spring training) that THIS YEAR, they would protect Buehrle's arm by limiting how many pitches he throws in games he starts

I'm not quite sure how someone who speaks english can't understand this

lol

Ozzie decided in spring training (made the decision during spring training) that THIS YEAR, they would protect Buehrle's arm by limiting how many pitches he throws in games he starts

I'm not quite sure how someone who speaks english can't understand this

Well I wasn't aware of of that. Try to tell me that statement out of context doesn't raise an eyebrow.