Rumor: Rios/Thornton to Brewers for Gamel?

Steve9347

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
MrFantasyExpert Fantasy Expert

White Sox and Brewers still working out the specifics and all indications are the Gamel+prospect/s for Rios-salary/Thornton/Escobar is a go

haha beat me to it. I have been waiting all day for an update, when I saw it pop up I could not believe it.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://twitter.com/#!/MrFantasyExpert/...728052746293248

White Sox and Brewers still working out the specifics and all indications are the Gamel+prospect/s for Rios-salary/Thornton/Escobar is a go

I don't know if I believe this, but it's all in good fun.

It will all come out in the wash over the next 3 days.

What's clear is if they trade Thornton and Quentin, they don't think they can get to 85 wins as currently constructed.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
MrFantasyExpert Fantasy Expert

How come no one else has picked this up yet if it is even remotely true?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
Beckham is .260 12 HR 60 RBI with Gold Glove D at 2B.

He's no Weeks, though. I'd have asked for Lilli if I was Milwaukee. He's more versatile.

CF/RF/LF/2B/SS in a pinch

Fixed.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
Your only hope would be Gamel. The Brewers farm system is more empty than the Sox.

I'm sorry but I guess I'm missing something, don't the brewers already have 3 better outfielders than rios unless one of them is hurt? Rios isn't having a quarter of the season that Morgan is.

The only thing dumber than trading a player at his lowest point possible is eating almost all of a player's salary and then trading him at his lowest point possible. Throwing Thornton and Escobar in the deal too? Come on. This is total bulls***.

As bad as Rios has been, we've seen this movie before after he came over from Toronto. The following season he was amazing in the first half, and although he fell off in the second half, the overall numbers were there.

If Rios is just decent for the first half in 2012 then we should probably be able to move him without having to eat half of what we'd have to eat right now, which I imagine would be about 75% of that deal. Now I could see including talent to get another team to absorb Rios for nothing just to cut the 2012 payroll, but I really fail to see what such a deal as this would accomplish. It would be a terrible reactionary move that would probably just hurt us further.

But yeah, total bulls***. Now if the rumor was Rios + Sale + prospects for junk, then I could see the Brewers having interest because then there is a very good chance they're getting $12M kind of value. But Thornton? They're going to take on an old highly paid reliever to offset a bad contract? That doesn't make any f***ing sense. And Escobar is nowhere near the kind of prospect that you take on a very bad deal to acquire.

Mr. FantasyExpert really is an expert in fantasy.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
and like it was mentioned,they have nyjer morgan whos doing better than rios is. so doesnt make much sense at all

If we don't like Juan Pierre now, why the hell should Brewers fans like Juan Pierre Junior?