Wild Card Wednesday!

Brian

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, in 2004, it wasn't watching Foulke underhand it to first that set me off in tears. It wasn't the pigpile on the field. It was watching Sox fans celebrate with each other. I don't root for laundry. I root for us.

As I said in the game thread, we (both in the sense of the SoSH community and Red Sox fans at large) are an incredible group. And we deserved a lot better than this team.

I'm really sorry, you guys.

Ugh, this is why people hate the Red Sox.

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
I've never believed I deserve anything when it comes to baseball or anything else in life for that matter.

I can either support the team I love or not. As far as deserving something for making that choice? Stupid.

But that's how the average Boston fan thinks. They truly believe that they are more deserving of championships than other teams.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:00 AM)
But that's how the average Boston fan thinks. They truly believe that they are more deserving of championships than other teams.

There was a particularly annoying bosox fan in right field at camden yards tonight that made it hard for me to relate. He was laughing and clapping loudly, egging on orioles fans for seeming no reason. This was just before the bottom of the 9th inning. Bosox fans have an insulting sense of entitlement that rivals no one, considering what their team has done. I am quite happy to see them lose tonight.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
There was a particularly annoying bosox fan in right field at camden yards tonight that made it hard for me to relate. He was laughing and clapping loudly, egging on orioles fans for seeming no reason. This was just before the bottom of the 9th inning. Bosox fans have an insulting sense of entitlement that rivals no one, considering what their team has done. I am quit happy to see them lose tonight.

Yup.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:07 AM)
Just filled out the info for the Rays postseason ticket lottery. And unlike 2008 I won't have t sit in the Trop and watch TB manhandle the White Sox in the ALDS.

I did the same thing.

I went to game 3 of the ALDS and game 7 of the ALCS in 08.

Good luck on getting tickets.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:28 AM)
I did the same thing.

I went to game 3 of the ALDS and game 7 of the ALCS in 08.

Good luck on getting tickets.

I was at the Trop to watch us drop two to the Rays in ALDS, and then was at the crazy extra inning ALCS Game 2 that was one of the best games I have ever attended live.

Post to let me know if you score tix.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

I'll just leave this here, where all the fun begins: http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/68311-928-1.../page__st__4340

A preview:

f*** you dice k go out and leave everything on the field in the WBC then pitch in the mlb and get beat like a ginger step child. Hiroshima was awesome, f*** you.

f*** you Lackey, scum of the earth, burn in hell you piece of s***. Go get cancer.

f*** you Bogar. Worth third base coach ever. Just die.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

Colin Cowherd mentioned something last week about how Boston watches fewer National sports than any other market in the country. They are absolutely obsessed with their own teams, but hardly watch other teams when they are on National broadcasts.

They just don't give a s*** about anything other than themselves.