2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Wait, What kids, all the prospects have been traded away for old piles of crap. But, I'm sure that's Ozzie's fault too huh?

Gordon Beckham

Dayan Viciedo

Brent Morel

Alejandro De Aza (not exactly a kid, but a minor leaguer)

Tyler Flowers

That could quite easily be half the lineup where Ozzie would have played maybe 2 out of 5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:48 AM)
Gordon Beckham

Dayan Viciedo

Brent Morel

Tyler Flowers

That could quite easily be half the lineup where Ozzie would have played maybe 2 out of 5

I can't believe grown adults, people I respect on here, still think that Ozzie should have benched Rios and Dunn.

It slays me.

You are gonna be just as frustrated with the new manager when he plays guys who make the loot.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
I can't believe grown adults, people I respect on here, still think that Ozzie should have benched Rios and Dunn.

It slays me.

You are gonna be just as frustrated with the new manager when he plays guys who make the loot.

But a new manager won't be batting a guy hitting .160 cleanup in August.

Greg, why can't you admit Guillen is a terrible manager and a coward? He quit on your favorite team and you can't stop throwing him compliments. He's a f***ing idiot and deep down you know it. One day you'll realize this, most likely next season when the new manager does something smart like look at basic stats or put his players in their best places to succeed. Hopefully this new manager will also drop some quotables so we're all happy.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 04:26 AM)
But a new manager won't be batting a guy hitting .160 cleanup in August.

Greg, why can't you admit Guillen is a terrible manager and a coward? He quit on your favorite team and you can't stop throwing him compliments. He's a f***ing idiot and deep down you know it. One day you'll realize this, most likely next season when the new manager does something smart like look at basic stats or put his players in their best places to succeed. Hopefully this new manager will also drop some quotables so we're all happy.

OK so he'll be batting sixth? Would that be much better?

I don't think I'd still be on this board w/out suspension calling somebody a f***ing idiot. Could you edit that?

That's not right. He's not a f***ing idiot IMO.

He quit on the team?? Cmon. I think you are way off base. The new manager will succeed if the players hit the ball, catch it and pitch it well.

It slays me.

Yes of course. But the next manager will put the team in the best position to succeed.

It slays me.

So if they hit .160 and are ALREADY costing the team $12 million, they should suck more and cost the team even more in value?

Huh?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
OK so he'll be batting sixth? Would that be much better?

I don't think I'd still be on this board w/out suspension calling somebody a f***ing idiot. Could you edit that?

That's not right. He's not a f***ing idiot IMO.

He quit on the team?? Cmon. I think you are way off base. The new manager will succeed if the players hit the ball, catch it and pitch it well.

Greg, Ozzie is an idiot. Outs are the most precious asset in a baseball game and Ozzie gave them like it was no big deal and rarely for any benefit. His decisions put our team at a huge disadvantage on a daily basis. Refusing to use even basic stats and actually being proud of not using them is proof that he's a complete moron. How can you support a manager in this day and age not be aware of splits? How can one manage a team and not realize that Will Ohman is a f***ing loogy and there's years worth of data to prove it. And on top of it all he's a complete hypocritical coward. He has this Tony Montana tough guy vibe, but the only individual he had the balls to call out was his rookie RF, who clearly not part of the problem. Yes, he did make a jab about Rios, whose lazy play was killing, but he was back in the lineup in a day or two.

As for him "not quitting", where was he those last two days and why was Don Cooper managing? Ozzie was under contract next year because he b****ed so much Reinsdorf was forced to pick it up. Then the f***ing coward didn't have the dignity to honor it. Plain and simple he quit on the team. In fact, he quit on the team when he decided the best time to ask for an extension was heading into a pivotal series against Detroit. And on top of it all, he has the nerve to call his team "quitters" and then doesn't show up to the park the last two games because he had already quit to join another team. How can you deny all this?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)

It slays me.

But hopefully that new manager's scheme won't be called going "all-in" and sacrificing things like the development of our top pitching prospect trying to win those games at the same time. If those guys are playing and playing that badly, then no one will be able to pretend we're trying to win the division.

He kept hitting him cleanup. Adam Dunn couldn't hit the side of a barn with his bat all year long, but he was hitting cleanup... 3 games out, he's hitting cleanup.

Plus, remember, Ozzie quit. He was not fired.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
He kept hitting him cleanup. Adam Dunn couldn't hit the side of a barn with his bat all year long, but he was hitting cleanup... 3 games out, he's hitting cleanup.

fixed for greg

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 07:21 AM)
Greg, Ozzie is an idiot. Outs are the most precious asset in a baseball game and Ozzie gave them like it was no big deal and rarely for any benefit. His decisions put our team at a huge disadvantage on a daily basis. Refusing to use even basic stats and actually being proud of not using them is proof that he's a complete moron. How can you support a manager in this day and age not be aware of splits? How can one manage a team and not realize that Will Ohman is a f***ing loogy and there's years worth of data to prove it. And on top of it all he's a complete hypocritical coward. He has this Tony Montana tough guy vibe, but the only individual he had the balls to call out was his rookie RF, who clearly not part of the problem. Yes, he did make a jab about Rios, whose lazy play was killing, but he was back in the lineup in a day or two.

As for him "not quitting", where was he those last two days and why was Don Cooper managing? Ozzie was under contract next year because he b****ed so much Reinsdorf was forced to pick it up. Then the f***ing coward didn't have the dignity to honor it. Plain and simple he quit on the team. In fact, he quit on the team when he decided the best time to ask for an extension was heading into a pivotal series against Detroit. And on top of it all, he has the nerve to call his team "quitters" and then doesn't show up to the park the last two games because he had already quit to join another team. How can you deny all this?

All of this is great and true, but the bold part was probably the most frustrating thing about the man. Having pride in being willfully ignorant is such a caveman concept.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)

I think this has been pointed out to greg at least 3,000 times in the past 6 months. He ignores it, comes back in a couple of days, and again asks "so the manager should not play the highly-paid DH at all, you guys slay me." He'll completely ignore the idea of moving him down in the order and will just harp on the idea that he should have been benched all together.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
I think this has been pointed out to greg at least 3,000 times in the past 6 months. He ignores it, comes back in a couple of days, and again asks "so the manager should not play the highly-paid DH at all, you guys slay me." He'll completely ignore the idea of moving him down in the order and will just harp on the idea that he should have been benched all together.

Just win baby!

Take notice Oz haters!

It's all about the players. The managers don't matter.

Ozzie will bring multiple titles to Florida.

Gordon Beckham

Dayan Viciedo

Brent Morel

Tyler Flowers

Beckham, barely hit his weight all year...

Viciedo.. Where does he play?

Morel.. He played all year, outside of Kenny needing to show Tehan off to trade.

De Aza.. See Viciedo.

Flowers.. See Viciedo

Edited by VictoryMC98