Sox vs. Tigers in Zanzibar

Quin

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stunned that Omogrosso and Septimo couldn't get out two of the best hitters on the planet. Someone needs to ask Cooper why Septimo seemed to just start warming up after Cabrera's "shocking" single off of Omogrosso. It was shades of when Reed was brought in when he wasn't warmed up vs the Mariners.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
Where the f*** was Veal? Septimo has shown that he's terrible in close games. Not only will they lose tonight, but now they have to use an inferior starter this weekend instead of Santiago.

Must have needed a breather. Septimo has been effective since the return off the DL but it never should have come to that. Santiago is plenty stretched out and I am not in favor of putting a middling RHP just to face Miguel Cabrera who is basically going to hurt you no matter what you do. Let Hector (who can be effective against RH batters and has the stuff to get them out consistently) take his chances against Cabrera and then have him try his luck against Prince with the L/L matchup.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
k. Call me when the Sox are going for a 3rd win in a row.

Call me tomorrow after you had a good cry. My goodness. Sounds like my friends teenage sister.

Edited by Baron

Gee, there's a surprise.

Haven't we seen this show with Leyson Septimo and A-Gone in Boston?

Where the hell was VEAL OR THORNTON???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

the biggest miracle of this season is that the tigers have underperformed significantly. they are the better team, this much is obvious to me

doesn't mean we cant still win the division, but that team is talented with legit superstars in the lineup and in the rotation (which to be honest - we dont have)

TRYING BRIAN FREAKIN' OMOGROSSO AGAINST THE BEST HITTER IN BASEBALL AGAIN IS DUMBER THAN THE BUNT ATTEMPT.

I thought Ventura had the capacity to learn on the job, but it's becoming dubious.

It now seems 75% of the team's improvement was just NOT having Ozzie around, but he hasn't been a good in-game manager the entire second half.

In fact, he's getting measurably worse by the week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
I'm stunned that Omogrosso and Septimo couldn't get out two of the best hitters on the planet. Someone needs to ask Cooper why Septimo seemed to just start warming up after Cabrera's "shocking" single off of Omogrosso. It was shades of when Reed was brought in when he wasn't warmed up vs the Mariners.

Anyone ever think that Cooper lost his magic wand?

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
Call me tomorrow after you had a good cry. My goodness. Sounds like my friends teenage sister.

Tigers tie it tomorrow, then 19 left:

Tigers--Cle, Oak, Min, KC, Min, KC

Sox--Min, KC, LAA, Cle, TB, Cle

We're done.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
Where the f*** was Veal? Septimo has shown that he's terrible in close games. Not only will they lose tonight, but now they have to use an inferior starter this weekend instead of Santiago.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
decisions? Any reliever we bring in seems to blow.

Yes!

You guys that love to second guess Robin for all these bad decisions regarding relievers much be in heaven the past few weeks as he brings in reliever after reliever until he runs out of them. It's boring, awful baseball and if we keep doing this in his second year as manager I expect us to finish last. Our bullpen SUCKS! It's not the way to win games bringing in tons of relievers. The bodies change but one thing is constant - ONE OR TWO OF THEM FAIL every night!

Crain and Thornton suck as well, but we need them to pitch A FULL inning once in a while and not this lefty/righty crap with these god-awful relievers!!!

Edited by greg775

I'm not completely sipping the Tigers kool-aid, but the perk of having several big star players on your team is they can carry you. The problem with having s*** surrounding them is that these few players are the sole determinant of your success. We've been getting beat by their studs and that stinks...we've got that cool "6 guys with 20 HR" and overall more balanced approach that has helped us string together a very nice season. Unfortunately there just isn't a guy or guys to put the team on their backs for us.

This is really kind of why it sucks to not have Dunn around because he alone could change a series like this with just a couple swings of the bat in the way that basically no one else on our team is likely to.