2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (qwerty @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
You should be in for a treat with Don Jon's Addiction. Don Jon's Addiction is Joseph Gordon Levitt's directorial and writing debut in a full feature length film. Similar, but oh so very different at the same time. Great accomplishment for a first time film, even though I really had little doubt in his abilities outside of acting. The man will win an Oscar at some point I have a firm belief that he will win an Oscar in the next five years or so, give or take a year either way. Levitt is currently having every huge script in Hollywood sent his way. In my opinion he is bound to run into the proper script sooner rather than later to propel his ability to an even higher level... and at the very least I think he will warrant some nominations. Triple threats are extremely scare, so he has as good of a shot, if not better than any out there. Levitt just may even end up directing himself to an acting nomination someday, he is that good.

Anyone else enjoy his work? Anyone think he sucks blows? Why on both accounts?

Absolutely. JGL has gone farther than I ever expected he would. Hesher, TDKR, Inception, 500 Days, Looper. The kid has quite a large repertoire and selection of movies, he isnt pegged into any type of role. Really looking forward to Don Jon when it comes onto On Demand

QUOTE (qwerty @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
You should be in for a treat with Don Jon's Addiction. Don Jon's Addiction is Joseph Gordon Levitt's directorial and writing debut in a full feature length film. Similar, but oh so very different at the same time. Great accomplishment for a first time film, even though I really had little doubt in his abilities outside of acting. The man will win an Oscar at some point I have a firm belief that he will win an Oscar in the next five years or so, give or take a year either way. Levitt is currently having every huge script in Hollywood sent his way. In my opinion he is bound to run into the proper script sooner rather than later to propel his ability to an even higher level... and at the very least I think he will warrant some nominations. Triple threats are extremely scare, so he has as good of a shot, if not better than any out there. Levitt just may even end up directing himself to an acting nomination someday, he is that good.

Anyone else enjoy his work? Anyone think he sucks blows? Why on both accounts?

Thanks for the tip. I think he's quite a versatile young star and look forward to checking this out and pretty much anything he's in.

Yesterday, The Walt Disney Co. unveiled plans to make a number of spin-off movies set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away — in addition to the post-Return of the Jedi trilogy that had already been announced.

Entertainment Weekly has learned details on two of the spin-off projects: A young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler’s origin story, and a bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue’s gallery of galactic scum.

Well, that's all going to be a bit much.

Hi & no it did not suck. I seen Spider-Man 3 yesterday & I want to watch again. I will give it almost a 9. It was 2 things that I didn't like. 1) The actor who played Venom he doest NOT FIT & he is way to skinny to play Venom! Venom he is tall & buff as hell. 2) When Peter Parker turns into a bad boy type, it is really cheesy when he goes to music club & starts dancing? He also comb his hair like Hitler when he goes out. The rest of the movie I love it!! When Spider-Man 3 gets release, I will not buy the DVD. I will buy it on HD-DVD. Because DVD sucks. Can't wait.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
Hi & no it did not suck. I seen Spider-Man 3 yesterday & I want to watch again. I will give it almost a 9. It was 2 things that I didn't like. 1) The actor who played Venom he doest NOT FIT & he is way to skinny to play Venom! Venom he is tall & buff as hell. 2) When Peter Parker turns into a bad boy type, it is really cheesy when he goes to music club & starts dancing? He also comb his hair like Hitler when he goes out. The rest of the movie I love it!! When Spider-Man 3 gets release, I will not buy the DVD. I will buy it on HD-DVD. Because DVD sucks. Can't wait.

The fact that this includes HD-DVD is the icing on the cake.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 05:00 PM)

A 6th grader write that?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 05:18 PM)
Well, that's all going to be a bit much.

I love the idea of spin offs, just not those (well Boba Fett could be good, no interest at all in a Han Solo movie). But the Yoda movie rumored could be fun, the rumored Star Wars Seven Samurai inspired movie could be really good and then if you set movies in different time periods in the expanded universe you have a lot of great stories to work with.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
I love the idea of spin offs, just not those (well Boba Fett could be good, no interest at all in a Han Solo movie). But the Yoda movie rumored could be fun, the rumored Star Wars Seven Samurai inspired movie could be really good and then if you set movies in different time periods in the expanded universe you have a lot of great stories to work with.

I'd like to see the Pre-Star Wars books explored for sure. So many great story lines.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 11:50 PM)

I can't shake this image at the thought of Star Wars spin offs.

Ewok-Adventures-DVD.jpg

Watched "Brooklyn Castle" yesterday on train ride.

The chess stuff was interesting with how serious these kids and teachers take it, like most of us take baseball or basketball.

I tried learning chess when I was younger but couldn't get a grasp on strategy. To see these kids who are 12 or so get it down was pretty neat.

I'm way behind on movies, so these might fit the 2012 thread better. But...

Premium Rush was a decent flick. Michael Shannon was great as a dirty cop with "impulse control issues." Reminded me of his tirade where he burnt the guy's face in Boardwalk Empire.

Finally got around to watching The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Good movie. I haven't read the book yet, but I certainly will now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2013 -> 05:38 AM)
Watched "Brooklyn Castle" yesterday on train ride.

The chess stuff was interesting with how serious these kids and teachers take it, like most of us take baseball or basketball.

I tried learning chess when I was younger but couldn't get a grasp on strategy. To see these kids who are 12 or so get it down was pretty neat.

I actually play some tournament chess on occasion (around expert rating) and there is a kid named Awonder Liang that plays in local tournaments. He's 9 years old and is the youngest player ever to beat a Grandmaster in tournament play. Pretty cool considering the kid is American and we've only had one claim to fame in chess and he was a complete psycho.