2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
Got to be Emery.

Completely disagree. This is all Trestman. Emery threw Trestman under the bus Monday night for not firing Kromer. This is Trestman firing back at Emery. Trestman knows that he is fired in 2 weeks and he's gonna go down his own way.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
I'd rather watch Fales. Not that it matters.

Of course you would. So would everybody. Trestman is doing this, hoping that Clausen will run the offense properly and Trestman can blame Jay and parlay that into an OC job somewhere.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 07:37 AM)
Completely disagree. This is all Trestman. Emery threw Trestman under the bus Monday night for not firing Kromer. This is Trestman firing back at Emery. Trestman knows that he is fired in 2 weeks and he's gonna go down his own way.

I have a theory that Trestman is doing this to show everyone that Cutler is the issue. The team played well with McCown last year, and if they can play well (but hopefully not win) their last 2 games, Tresman can say "see, it's him, not me."

These two tweets are telling:

@MikeSilver

What I just said on @nflnetwork : Bears offensive players believe Clausen will 'light it up,' simply because he'll run offense as prescribed

@MikeSilver

I'm told Trestman felt he could no longer play Cutler 'simply to justify a contract' when his performance was so poor...

@MikeSilver

Also: Cutler has been looking great in practice but 'seeing ghosts' once he steps over the white lines...

@MikeSilver

I'm told it was a 'coaching decision' to bench Cutler for Clausen--meaning Trestman, not Emery, made this call.

Silver later said he had 15 sources on this. 15!!! What does that say about the feelings for Cutler within the organization??

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
I have a theory that Trestman is doing this to show everyone that Cutler is the issue. The team played well with McCown last year, and if they can play well (but hopefully not win) their last 2 games, Tresman can say "see, it's him, not me."

These two tweets are telling:

@MikeSilver

What I just said on @nflnetwork : Bears offensive players believe Clausen will 'light it up,' simply because he'll run offense as prescribed

@MikeSilver

I'm told Trestman felt he could no longer play Cutler 'simply to justify a contract' when his performance was so poor...

@MikeSilver

Also: Cutler has been looking great in practice but 'seeing ghosts' once he steps over the white lines...

@MikeSilver

I'm told it was a 'coaching decision' to bench Cutler for Clausen--meaning Trestman, not Emery, made this call.

Silver later said he had 15 sources on this. 15!!! What does that say about the feelings for Cutler within the organization??

The Bears may have moved to #2 on the list of most dysfunctional NFL franchises behind Washington. What a s*** show.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
If Clausen does light up the lions there will be way too much notre dame legacy in my rooted interests for my liking.

Lol. i really dont see the Lions letting Clausen light him up

I would rather watch Fales like most of you. But if he isn't ready, maybe it's good not to throw him out there against a defense as good as the Lions. He could get eaten alive.

That said, I am also looking forward to seeing Clausen. Not because I think he could be our starter next year, but rather, I think it's important to find out if he can be a quality backup. No matter who our starter is next year, if Clausen plays well to end the season, then it will be reassuring to know we have a decent backup QB with could win some games for us if the starter gets hurt.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)
If Clausen does light up the lions there will be way too much notre dame legacy in my rooted interests for my liking.

Knowing your anti-ND history, any Notre Dame legacy in your rooting interests is too much for you.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
Knowing your anti-ND history, any Notre Dame legacy in your rooting interests is too much for you.

Ahh, the sweet smell of perpetual victimhood from notre dame fans. I've talked about them, what, 2 times in 10 years? Add it to the hate list!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 06:52 PM)
The Bears are putting Cutler on the mic for media day today. So that will be fun

This is horrible. This organization needs to shut down. Just stop talking, get through a week and go home.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
The Bears are putting Cutler on the mic for media day today. So that will be fun

Kyle, please tell me you were a kidding. In what world does that sound like a sane decision. This is just absurd. Do they just want to encourage a Jay Cutler tirade or something. That is just awful and for everyone saying Cutler stole / robbed the Bears, please. He didn't write the contract.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 06:05 PM)
Kyle, please tell me you were a kidding. In what world does that sound like a sane decision. This is just absurd. Do they just want to encourage a Jay Cutler tirade or something. That is just awful and for everyone saying Cutler stole / robbed the Bears, please. He didn't write the contract.

Or it could be a brilliant decision to try and showcase how mature he is, which in turn could help trick a team into trading for him? They know Cutler's not going to say anything stupid.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...e-marc-trestman

According to this, some Bears players (I'm going to presume Tillman / Briggs) are pointing out how hypocritical punishment has been. In fact, Tillman has publicly stated that the Bears players still support and have faith in Cutler.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000044...faith-in-cutler

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
I don't know how he could really recover from this. Being benched as the highest paid player in the league this season for Jimmy Clausen...I think I would be more surprised if he is on this team next season than if he wasn't.

He'll be here and so will Mike Shanahan.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
I don't know how he could really recover from this. Being benched as the highest paid player in the league this season for Jimmy Clausen...I think I would be more surprised if he is on this team next season than if he wasn't.

All depends on how he responds to it. Could be something that helps him wake up. No idea. I still say at the end of the season, we let whomever the new people who are running the organization make the decision of what to do with Jay, not the current bunch of clowns.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)

no green font