5/6 at Cubs

flavum

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win.

Robin was on top of his game tonight. Let Flowers swing away. And good choice of Webb in the ninth. Put him in his eventual closer's role with a 4-run lead. Not an extreme pressure situation but not an automatic win, considering our relievers' penchant for walking people. And he comes through.

Good to sweep that horrific team this year in Wrigley unlike last year's disaster. Would like to continue beating them. Need to get the offense going in the Cell.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 7, 2014 -> 03:41 AM)
The cute little chick that replaced Sarah Kustok gave "the wind" an assist for Beckham's home run and it made me laugh out loud. Even when Beckham plays great people are poking holes in it. He gave the fakest smile. Good stuff.

At least he got it up in the jet stream like Flowers. They both coulda hit those DP grounders that were so common last year.

It would be great if they can finish off this series with a couple more wins. Before the season, I was hoping for 20-16 at the end of the Cubs series. Considering Sale will have missed four starts and the other injuries, 19-17 would be excellent.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 6, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
Word is he was tipping his pitches. Perhaps that's why the Sox absolutely shelled him in Texas.

I said it when we signed him. With the way the Sox kicked his ass, and the speed they brought him in when he was available, they saw SOMETHING.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2014 -> 10:05 AM)
I said it when we signed him. With the way the Sox kicked his ass, and the speed they brought him in when he was available, they saw SOMETHING.

Suddenly the White Sox have more pitchers in their org that I want to see getting big league innings than they have room for again.