Indians @ White Sox Game Thread 5/27

glangon

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:07 PM)
Is there a reason Robin put the 2 guys who have hit Masterson the worst back to back in the line up

Robin "because f*** you thats why; I didn't even want to be the manger"

QUOTE (beautox @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
Robin "because f*** you thats why; I didn't even want to be the manger"

I love Robin's thinking it's like "I'll do the opposite of what the numbers say!"

Other times it's a strict adherence to a Lefty verse Righty matchup. Either go with your gut or not! Pick one dude!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:12 PM)
I love Robin's thinking it's like "I'll do the opposite of what the numbers say!"

Other times it's a strict adherence to a Lefty verse Righty matchup. Either go with your gut or not! Pick one dude!

Agreed, that recent game with Downs to start the inning against two RHH and then Remove him against a LHH; genius.

I was reading an article about Dave Duncan who is doing something for th DBacks these days. Supposedly he is totally into advanced metrics, but one thing he totally ignores is head to head match ups. He thinks the sample sizes are too small. I actually am kind of shocked by this considering he was a weak hitting catcher. I don't think it took him many ABs to realize he had no chance against certain guys.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
I don't like how Dunn let's the ball all the way into his body on the routine grounders, one time he's going to freaking drop one playing it like that. I guess whatever works for the big fella.

Yea, it isn't good form

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
It isn't my job to make the line up but it is pretty obvious you don't put the 2 guys that can't hit the damn pitcher back to back in the middle of the line up..

Your job is to complain. Don't tell us what the line up should be so you won't be exposed. But tell us what an idiot a guy who knows a lot more than any of us do about baseball is.